Finally al L.C. owner

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
:cool:

Let us know if we can help you out with any parts needs. We know and love the 80 Series well :D

Will do Kurt. On a side note what are your thoughts on the "stock" hieght OME kit? I am wanting a suspension that helps drivability and capacity without making it alot taller for dd use. From what I read this kit adds about 3/4" to the hieght. I run the OME heavy on my taco but it's a completely different animal here. These are really capably in stock form so I'm thinking 285/75/16 tires are the biggest I will run.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Wish I had of known about this truck when it was for sale, IF is only 100 miles from me. A 97 with cloth is sweet and the 100k miles is awesome too.

Congrats on your purchase, hope the drive home was fun.

Cheers

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Wish I had of known about this truck when it was for sale, IF is only 100 miles from me. A 97 with cloth is sweet and the 100k miles is awesome too.

Congrats on your purchase, hope the drive home was fun.

Cheers

It was a great ride home 2825 miles 10 states and a ton of parks. Just wish i had more time to go slower but it was nice to spend time with my dad.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Will do Kurt. On a side note what are your thoughts on the "stock" hieght OME kit? I am wanting a suspension that helps drivability and capacity without making it alot taller for dd use. From what I read this kit adds about 3/4" to the hieght. I run the OME heavy on my taco but it's a completely different animal here. These are really capably in stock form so I'm thinking 285/75/16 tires are the biggest I will run.

The "stock" height kits are a really neat option on the 80's. We generally measure a 1" net gain over the stock/sagged springs, which is perfect for a +1/+2 tire. They don't mess with caster, don't require any bump stop, brake line or sway bar mods and are easier to install than the taller kits, easily accomplished with basic hand tool. It really comes down to the height you want, if a 1" taller stance will work for your needs, it's a great option and perfect for a 285.

JKU87

Adventurer
Great buy and looking forward to following your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brentbba

Explorer
Nice color! I'm somewhat biased of course. BTW - I'm the only owner of my '94. Sticker (which I still have) on my loaded beast back then was also $46K. Had all the options except a hitch and rear wind deflector. Has leather, lockers, roof rack, etc. Interesting comparison on the special order in '97 at the same price. Deleting the sliding rear windows and 3rd row seats must've been expensive! :Wow1: LOL!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Nice color! I'm somewhat biased of course. BTW - I'm the only owner of my '94. Sticker (which I still have) on my loaded beast back then was also $46K. Had all the options except a hitch and rear wind deflector. Has leather, lockers, roof rack, etc. Interesting comparison on the special order in '97 at the same price. Deleting the sliding rear windows and 3rd row seats must've been expensive! :Wow1: LOL!

Well mine came with hitch and reflector so that must be it. 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94