New member checking in..F150 FX4

Nick_Tykes

Hey All,

Stumbled across Exped-Portal as I am really getting big into off-roading and wanting to do some over-landing/expeditioning in the near future. Got myself a 2004 F-150 FX4 in bright friggin yellow lol...at first I wouldn't even look at the for sale pic but I soon fell in love and it was in my driveway. Luckily it came with every option, moonroof, leather seats, all 5 windows electric, etc. I live on Long Island so I already got myself all the outer beach passes and have been taking it routinely miles and miles out onto the beach through real thick, heavy sand. So long as I air down I have not been able to get the truck stuck yet...but I know everything has its limits. It did come with 33's on 18" wheels. I added the front bug deflector and the Westin Bull Bar and a few other small mods but what I did do right is outfit it for off-roading/camping/longer trips. I made sure to get spare everything, shovel, flares, first aid kit, batteries, compressor, invert er, spare fluids, GPS electronics, chargers, jack, etc. You name it lol.

I was very big into hiking and backpacking before this and off-shore sailing so already had a head start on preparedness, just took a little thinking to apply the same fundamentals to an off-road and self sufficient truck. One thing I love love love is the option the previous owner went for with the 37 gallon gas tank...I used to have a mustang with a small 14 gal tank and would be at the pump every day sometimes...now I can drive and drive and fill up once a week.

In general I'm really excited I stumbled across these forums as at first glance there are many sections that I have a good amount of experience in from being in the outdoors, such as land & sea navigation, survival, hiking, knives, GPS & electronics in general, tools, etc. I feel like this will be my new obsession ha.

Anyway here are pics of the truck the first week I got her and currently with the very few mods I have done...However, on my budget and based off research I'm going to start a 2nd thread as to what I'd like to do upgrade wise. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMAG0858.jpg
    IMAG0858.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0958.jpg
    IMAG0958.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0962_1.jpg
    IMAG0962_1.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0837.jpg
    IMAG0837.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0810.jpg
    IMAG0810.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0797.jpg
    IMAG0797.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 31

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I've always liked the stepside beds on this gen of F150. I've got a 2014 F150 that I'm getting ready to customize a bit myself. Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior