HMMVV have titles and street legal now.

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
That article left out the part about emissions- they won't pass if needed to license.

They are exempt. Depends on your state. California is it's own country. Your statement holds true for a Toyota Corolla as well if your state tests for emissions. The important part is they now come with SF97. That's a huge hurdle.

Davev1954

Supporting Grouch
From Steel Soldiers:

"Spoke to GP (govplanet) about the new SF-97 for HMMWV, The SF97s will be issued on request with a "OFF ROAD ONLY STAMP", they are still for off road use only folks, hope this clears everything up

Some states will be able to obtain a title, but you still cannot make it road legal, but you can maybe get insurance and such at this point which is helpful. AZ will not issue a title period."

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141342-Spoke-to-GP-about-the-new-SF-97-for-HMMWVs

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
From Steel Soldiers:

"Spoke to GP (govplanet) about the new SF-97 for HMMWV, The SF97s will be issued on request with a "OFF ROAD ONLY STAMP", they are still for off road use only folks, hope this clears everything up

Some states will be able to obtain a title, but you still cannot make it road legal, but you can maybe get insurance and such at this point which is helpful. AZ will not issue a title period."

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141342-Spoke-to-GP-about-the-new-SF-97-for-HMMWVs

Off highway use not off road use. It's a specific difference. They only go 50 mph. Just like you see a sign saying no motorcycles under 125cc and no tractors etc. I'm speaking from Michigan. We don't have inspections.

I can buy a rzr and make it street legal. I can buy an off road only dirt bike and make it legal. And on and on. Out west they have different laws. I'm Michigan you can get it switched from off road only to street legal. However this situation is the sf97 says off highway. Epa exempt, dot exempt. So what stops me from getting a street title in Michigan? Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles