iOS 8.4 and Garmin Glo

weakspleen

I updated to iOS 8.4 yesterday and tried out my new Garmin Glo today (had it for a week or so but was waiting for the new software update to avoid all the hassles you guys had posted about). It works, no issues at all. Used it on Motion X HD with iPad Air 2 wifi only model.

Climberclimb

Observer
I have a Dual XGPS150A that I will try with the new ios. Will post results later today. Thanks for the heads up - was also worried about posted glitches. Cheers

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Cool and thanks for any updates....iOS 8.4 it clearly states in the bug update that it will fix interaction with outside GPS devices....so Apple knew about the issues and looks like they have been fixed...now I need to pull the trigger....which one should I get.

Also can these devices be mounted to the windshield and if so do they need to be oriented in a certain direction? I see that the Dual XGPS is sitting on the dash with the red area pointed up for example...

ludeykrus

Observer
Yep, the dual xgps150 I had stopped working with 8.3 and now works again with 8.4. I hear some people are now having problems with the internal GPS on non wifi-only model iPads... Apple needs to get it together.

The xgps150 doesn't have to be oriented in any particular position. It comes with silicone dash base to toss up on the dash, I don't see a need for or an elegant way to mount it to the windshield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94