LR3 rear seals by differential?

flwoodsman

I just discovered I have a leaking rear seal but im having a brain fart because I can not remember the name of the seal. Its located on the right rear axle where the differential housing meets the axle. Ive tried searching for "lr3 rear axle seal" but it always brings up the seal near the hub area and the leak is at the other end of the axle. I know its not the pinion seal. I have a pic but havent figured out how to upload from my phone yet. Can someone point me to the right part name/number?

flwoodsman

I just discovered I have a leaking rear seal but im having a brain fart because I can not remember the name of the seal. Its located on the right rear axle where the differential housing meets the axle. Ive tried searching for "lr3 rear axle seal" but it always brings up the seal near the hub area and the leak is at the other end of the axle. I know its not the pinion seal. I have a pic but havent figured out how to upload from my phone yet. Can someone point me to the right part name/number?

Pic

Attachments

• 20150704_173024.jpg
    20150704_173024.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 18

unseenone

Explorer
Axle seals... More than likely there is a reason they are leaking, worn out bearings play damaging them, over filled diff, plugged breather. Let me know if you want to get something more than seals.

How many miles on your diff, maybe worth replacing it.

Side Shaft Seal (a) TZB500050ee
Side Shaft Seal (b) TZB500050

Picture of seals here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier