Spy photo of new AT Trailer

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
hahahahhaha

Ok, so back on topic AT.... please tell me you guys are putting a slide out sink with that new kitchen?? please?

durango_60

Explorer
Martyn said:
Right now we are looking at 76 cubic feet of storage with two doors on the outside, one for access to the slide out kitchen and the other to a forward compartment. Access to the internal storage are from a hatch under the bed, and possibly tailgate access.

The Horizon has 54 cubic feet of storage and the Chaser 46 cubic feet.

Very impressive!!! How many people will the setup accommodate?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Martyn said:
Doc how about we install a extractor fan in the walk in area, possibly in the deluxe model a TP holder :victory:

MOAT I like MOAT.

Whatever it takes Martyn!

As long as this new AT has a provision for a cassette toilet, even as an option, you guys will have solved my biggest obstacle to stress free family overlanding - the lack of a bathroom!!!

Seriously, the "toilet issue" is a show stopper for me... BUT, if this new AT has a kitchen AND a toilet... my "accountant" (and lots of others) will surely see the light!

Every trailer option I have ever looked at with my wife always comes down to the kitchen and the bathroom, or lack of it. Go figure.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
durango_60 said:
Very impressive!!! How many people will the setup accommodate?

The main tent can have two awning attached to it, one on each side, and walls can be attached to the awnings. So the living area can be doubled or tripled.

Full set up would sleep 6 comfortably with a little privacy thrown in.

Martyn

TACODOC said:

As long as this new AT has a provision for a cassette toilet, even as an option, you guys will have solved my biggest obstacle to stress free family overlanding - the lack of a bathroom!!!

Seriously, the "toilet issue" is a show stopper for me... BUT, if this new AT has a kitchen AND a toilet... my "accountant" (and lots of others) will surely see the light!

Every trailer option I have ever looked at with my wife always comes down to the kitchen and the bathroom, or lack of it. Go figure.

Joking aside Doc, I fully understand.

One of the golden rules for sales and marketing is to get a woman’s perspective on the issue. This is what we've heard:
No ladders
Somewhere to stand up and get dressed
Privacy for a toilet
Bathroom facilities

It's not just your accountant, it's my accountant, Mario's accountant, and it looks like everyone else's accountant as well.

Bergger

Explorer
Martyn said:
Right now we are looking at 76 cubic feet of storage with two doors on the outside, one for access to the slide out kitchen and the other to a forward compartment. Access to the internal storage are from a hatch under the bed, and possibly tailgate access.

The Horizon has 54 cubic feet of storage and the Chaser 46 cubic feet.

Wow! Much more than I anticipated. So I am assuming this is not just mounted on a standard Chaser frame or is it? I would think it would be a bit wider and or longer. What are the dimensions of the bed if you are allowed to divulge!

Martyn

Bergger said:
Wow! Much more than I anticipated. So I am assuming this is not just mounted on a standard Chaser frame or is it? I would think it would be a bit wider and or longer. What are the dimensions of the bed if you are allowed to divulge!

It will sit on a modified Chaser chassis.

Things are in flux right now so the dimensions are not fixed. I think things will be that way until the prototype if finalized. I don't think it worth throwing out number right now that will ultimately change.

But as Tacodoc said this will be the MOAT, Mother Of All Trailers.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Sweeeeet....is there a ball park figure on cost ? we wont hold you to it but a ballpark figure would let the people who dont have a trailer yet know if they can even approach one of these or still just save for the chaser or horizon.... If its close to what people can afford you may even get people that will want to put deposits down on those bad boys....Thomas

Martyn

cowboy4x4 said:
Sweeeeet....is there a ball park figure on cost ? we wont hold you to it but a ballpark figure would let the people who dont have a trailer yet know if they can even approach one of these or still just save for the chaser or horizon...Thomas

No pricing has been done yet. We don't even have the final configuration worked out at this point.

Just start saving, and keep on saving. I’m sure we can find something to sell you in the right price range. :sombrero:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Martyn said:
Joking aside Doc, I fully understand.

One of the golden rules for sales and marketing is to get a woman’s perspective on the issue. This is what we've heard:
No ladders
Somewhere to stand up and get dressed
Privacy for a toilet
Bathroom facilities

It's not just your accountant, it's my accountant, Mario's accountant, and it looks like everyone else's accountant as well.

So, it looks like I'll be following this even more closely! :bowdown:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
TACODOC said:

Even my King Kamper doesn't have a built in Cassette toilet. I bought a Thetford Porta Poti with electric flush.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...hetford-Porta-Potti-465-Electric/skunum=35773

I store it in the front storage box when traveling and then either set it up inside the main tent on the hard floor area or if staying longer, I zip on a small bathroom canvas addition that acts as a private separate room for showers and bathroom use.

This was also a deal breaker for my wife. With the electric flush and easy cassette operation for dumping and cleaning, it really has worked our perfectly for us.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The only issue that I have the "MOAT" name is that what happens when you decide to build something even better?

Martyn

ntsqd said:
The only issue that I have the "MOAT" name is that what happens when you decide to build something even better?

We could change it to GOAT, but what would the G stand for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles