Anyone ran a motorcycle hitch carrier on their Monty?

Going from a pick-up to suv has its pluses and minuses obviously, but he biggest minus is gonna be packing up the dirt bike to go on a ride. I'd prefer not to pull a trailer. Has anyone ran a hitch carrier yet? Seems the class 3 hitches I see have a 400 lb tongue capacity. That's cutting it pretty close w Th my xr400 plus the weight of the carrier.

The curt hitch seems to be the only hitch I'm coming across. Is there a better option? 99 gen 2.5 with winter package.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
My Valley Industries hitch is rated at 500 lbs load. No problems with my KLR hanging off back there, and she's a portly old girl.

2001 Gen III

My Valley Industries hitch is rated at 500 lbs load. No problems with my KLR hanging off back there, and she's a portly old girl.

2001 Gen III

That's awesome to hear! I actually came across the valley industries hitch doing some searching tonight. Doesn't seem like it's available anymore. The curt style with just the 4 bolts is all I can seem to find. If anyone has any suggestions for a hitch that is available with the 4 bolt and bolted to the frame please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior