GoPro announces Hero4 Session

haven

Expedition Leader
http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session/CHDHS-101.html

GoPro has squeezed the Hero4 camera into a cube that is 40% smaller and 50% lighter. The $400 Hero4 Session leaves out a few of the features of the regular-size Hero4, but manages to shoot HD video (1080p at 60 fps) or capture 8 megapixel stills at time lapse intervals. The new model fits all existing GoPro mounts. The Session is waterproof to 30 feet without an additional case.

To achieve the smaller size, the Session leaves out the Hero4's LCD panel, control buttons, and removable battery. All that remains is a single button on the top of the camera. You have to use a remote control or a smartphone app to configure the Session.

The video can be viewed via WiFi. So you might stick a couple of these cameras under your truck for a live view of the obstacle you're approaching.

Scott Brady

Founder
Interesting little camera. GoPro certainly needs to innovate, and their current profile is actually a liability for most uses (particularly on a helmet) compared to bullet shapes.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I made the choice to replace my Drift HD Ghost with the new 4K Sony camera. We'll see how it goes. I really liked my Ghost over the GoPro...by far.

robert

Expedition Leader
Egads, battery time on the GoPro is already awful. Is this smaller one the same or worse?

Supposed to be up to two hours but it's a built in battery so you can't swap it out. I'm betting there's a hack for it soon so you can hard wire it.

SunFlower

Adventurer
I read some reviews by reputable users and IMO this camera isn't worth the buy. I do like that GoPro is making an effort to go smaller.

Boost Creep

Adventurer
I read some reviews by reputable users and IMO this camera isn't worth the buy. I do like that GoPro is making an effort to go smaller.

as someone with 4 gopros i have to say, i agree. i could see this as maybe a $2-250 camera but the price on these is just absurd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94