Our FJ62

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
MoGas said:
I don't wish to debate, only to answer your question honestly:

1. For a dd, it wasn't a good fit. We have 3 kids and the rear door openings, rear legroom and rear seat comfort was lacking at best.

2. In the amount of time we had it, it spent no less than 3 months combined at the dealer for different issues and our courtesy car was a Ford Taurus. Oh, and the dealer is in Scottsdale 150 miles away from us.

3. I have yet to have such problems in build quality with any Toyota.

4. We thought it best to sell it while there was still warranty on it and extended warranty available.

Dave

Weird, ours has never given us any trouble since new in 2002. Sorry to hear of your trouble.

Caduceus 80

That is a great looking truck. IMO, red and beige are perfect colors for the 60 series. I remember wanting one in high school because of their classic lines (even in the 80s). Great find!

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Awsome rig!!
welcome to the fj62 club..
I'm surprised it needed a new engine- I have 240k on my
62 and it hardley uses any oil, does not smoke and has plenty of power, I owned my since it had only 15k miles and 2 years old..my baby..lol
enjoy!! LOOKING GOOD!!!

DBS311

Adventurer
Good to see another Freeborn red FJ62 here! I'm looking forward to the build. Any hints to what mods are next?

Last edited:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
DBS311 said:
Good to see another Freeborn red FJ62 here! I'm looking forward to the build. Any hints to what mods are next?

Thanks, I have just been reading your thread.

First, I'm working on baselining all the fluids, doing a birf job and replacing the pan gasket (leaks), steering column cover (cracked), rear washer bag and pump (MIA), a full tune up and rear seat 3 point seat belts.

After that, I'm thinking an ARB front bumper and building a rear bumper and sliders and an OME lift.

I am also building my M416 trailer as an expedition trailer, so anything like fridges or RTTs or things that can go between the 80 or the 62 will probably end up in the trailer.

Dave

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
She got some winter shoes today...

Well, an Engineer at my office sold me a set of 4, STUDDED, Cooper Discoverer STs with wheels that have one season on them (on a Hilux) for 300 bucks.

She is ready for the snow and ice now....(crappy phone pic)
1206081331a.jpg

I also have an Dakar Med/Heavy suspension to install...

Dave

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
The weather is nice enough that I feel a suspension weekend coming on here in the near future.....Stay tuned.

Dave

JJackson

Explorer
Let me know when the lift is going on, I can supervise or something. Garage can be made available if weather does not cooperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles