Our FJ62

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Well, My wife found us a new family member.
1988 FJ62, 204k miles in really great shape. New engine 80k ago....
TheFJ62.jpg

Now for the baselining...... I guess my weekend is set.

Dave

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I can't wait to check it out....

Why don't you guys just sell everything and take the kids down to Ushuaia...

Good buy, Sir...If I were in the market that one would be sitting in my garage...clean, nice 62!

-H-

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
ooh...I like it. I have been very tempted to buy a 60 from a coworker who is just dying to get rid of it. I need another cruiser like I need a hole in the head.

Nice cruiser and cool wife.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Hey congrats! :beer:

Gotta love that fuel injection. So will it be her dd? Old school wagons put the 'cruise' in Landcruiser. Hope she enjoys it.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
kcowyo said:
Hey congrats! :beer:

Gotta love that fuel injection. So will it be her dd? Old school wagons put the 'cruise' in Landcruiser. Hope she enjoys it.

She probably will dd it as her commute is probably 5 miles round trip. She went to a bridal shower tonight and one of the younger, punk rocker type girls called it "Bad-A**" so the wife is all proud....

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
So cool mate. I think a 60 is one of a few rigs I'd trade my 4Runner for. Congrats.

Cheers

Dave

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
MoGas brought this thing by this weekend and I had a chance to drive it....

What a nice machine! Everything works, minimal rattles that aren't easy fixes...

I'm thinking he needs to sell everything and take the wife and kids down through Mexico, Central and South America!

-H-

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I got the new tires mounted. BFG AT/KO 31-10.50-15s. Ordered a new rear wiper reservoir and pump, steering column cover, fender light gaskets and the parts to repack the birfs. I'll dump at least the rear axle and t-case after work tonight and fill them up with fresh lube. Then dump the tranny and engine tomorrow, and then hit the front axle this weekend.

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Totally off topic, but I was wondering why you sold the Land Rover DII.... especially since it was a 2004 with factory CDL.

On topic, the 62 looks pretty straight. Good luck with that.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
LC/LR4Life said:
Totally off topic, but I was wondering why you sold the Land Rover DII.... especially since it was a 2004 with factory CDL.

I don't wish to debate, only to answer your question honestly:

1. For a dd, it wasn't a good fit. We have 3 kids and the rear door openings, rear legroom and rear seat comfort was lacking at best.

2. In the amount of time we had it, it spent no less than 3 months combined at the dealer for different issues and our courtesy car was a Ford Taurus. Oh, and the dealer is in Scottsdale 150 miles away from us.

3. I have yet to have such problems in build quality with any Toyota.

4. We thought it best to sell it while there was still warranty on it and extended warranty available.

Dave

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
SOCALFJ said:
Dang that is clean! Looks good man! Congrats you guys.

It was all my wife's doing. I didn't know we were in the market for another LC and she found this one. All I did was look it over and give her my opinion.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste