2001 Tundra Mild Update - Need a few suggestions

River19

Observer
A little background......all my energy and toy funds went into my recently departed (as in I sold it) diesel Ford as I acquired a new tow pig (2014 Ram 2500 6.4L) which has already undergone some tasteful updates, Which brings me back to my 2001 Tundra AC which has been my hunting rig and wife's daily driver for local errands etc. We routinely take it on our 450mile round trip to our cabin however so lots of highway usage. 206,xxx miles at this point.

It hadn't been neglected per se in that we had the frame replaced in 2011, JBA headers, BA Exhaust etc.

The rig needs to be very highway friendly but stout enough off-road for hunting season where I spend plenty of time on mild dirt logging roads to rocky (ie.not boulders) logging and ATV trails.

NEEDS:

Slight Lift/Level - I need a mild lift in the front as I am running Bilstein yellow typical shocks at this point after blowing up Bilstein Coilovers that were a waste of $700 back in the day. My budget says 5100s are the easiest, but my heart isn't in them and I might want something with heavier springs for added up front weight. Read what I could about Kings, Icons, Toytec etc. I don't need overkill, Norther New England is not baja, we have rutted up logging roads.......if I get airborne something went drastically wrong......thinking maybe 700lb springs.......

Skid Plate - I plan on adding a Skid Row skid plate to the front as I bang that pretty good every season it seems but been lucky.

Light Bar
- I want to add a light bar and would consider an old school bull bar to mount it as well as one of the "in bumper" installs.......need some help here as I am old school and used to lights being round and mounted on actual bars......like my Ram :)

Rear Shocks - I'm fine for now leaving the Bils on the back but I'm open to suggestions as well

New Fender Flares - I know, small item but 2 fronts have fallen off the truck looks naked to me and I will probably go with EGRs as Bushwhacker annoys me for some reason....maybe the price....

My other energy will go into making sure I continue to make the bed organization units I already have even more functional (ie. adding water system for my dogs for hunting).

I think the Flares will be ordered first just to get my wife off my back.....but front Shocks and light bar is what I need some help on.....

So thanks in advance on the help......

A couple pics.....The Tundra in its previous glory......toolbox is gone, matching Leer cap is on, side steps are long gone........Ram is my baby and our tow queen for our horses.

Attachments

• Tundra BITD.jpg
    Tundra BITD.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Ram Cap 3.jpg
    Ram Cap 3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles