RTIC Coolers

Roger M.

Adventurer
My understanding was that the Sneider brothers sold Yeti to private equity a few years back.

Yes, I see what you're saying, as with any company experiencing growth, they did bring in some extra cash for expansion ... but the Seiders brothers are still with the company, still have ownership shares, and would certainly not be involved in the manufacturing a rip-off cooler while touting their names and pictures on the Yeti factory website.

http://yeticoolers.com/about-yeti/our-story/

https://www.cortecgroup.com/cortec-...-first-platform-investment-for-cortec-fund-v/

Last edited:

Big mike

Adventurer
Hmmmmm sounds like a love feat for the brothers :) ********
Go get the pelicans there reasonable and proven !
Mike

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Marketing 101:
Still a classic

qkgttahqpt5nqu3wmj19.jpg

I got all 5 right. Oldsmobile did the same ad back in the 90s comparing their car to a Jag. Apparently it wasn't enough to keep the brand alive.

Chad

Hoodboogie

If they actually do produce these in August I will definitely be buying one. I prefer ORCA over Yeti any day. American made, Lifetime warranty, Customer service is great and even saves a few $$$

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
I just picked up a yeti, but will be picking up one of these in the 20. Saw on Facebook that late august is still the scheduled date for delivery.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
So I got an e-mail from the folks at RTIC today saying the demand for these coolers has been so great that they are having to push delivery back a couple months and are now asking those folks with "reservations" to "pre-order" their coolers on-line.

For those of you that probably got the same e-mail, how are you feeling about this latest development? Hoping these coolers really make it to America but I'm a little reluctant to "pre-order"....

Nate

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^ These are NOT made in 'merica. Don't know where you would have picked that up at. I'm sure this is a USA company that is having them made in China.

I went ahead and did the pre-order. My actual feeling is they are doing this on a shoestring budget with little or no up-front capital. Sounds like they are just going to order what they can sell the first time around then invest the profit in another go-around if it looks profitable. It may be under the umbrella of the larger company listed on the website but may be a small group within the company doing this venture.

I figure to get the first one in then, see the product, and then buy another if I like the product.

Oh, and one last thing, used my 'merican express card so disputing the charges would be easy if it came to it.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier