RTIC Coolers

jb10

ordered a 20 and 65 on 4/25/2016 with a ship on date of 05/31/2016. received the 20 on 06/01/2016 and the 65 was received on 05/27/2016.
very happy with the quality and construction. compared them to yeti and pelican coolers this past weekend. built just as well as both and my friends with yeti's were pissed they spent more, way more on their coolers.
bought 2 blocks of dry ice friday afternoon (4:00pmish) and put them in the 65. monday most of the dry ice was gone but the food next to the dry ice was frozen solid. it was roughly 10 pounds of dry ice.
imo definitely worth the cost and probably the wait. order them in the fall or early spring

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Finally shipped...the second wait begins. Looking forward to using the new cooler when it gets here. I travel about 35 miles to work one way and like to keep my food cold. In my truck I have my fridge in the cab but my DD doesn't have a fridge. Next best thing will be a small reliable cooler and for camping it will be a drink cooler. Today at work the power was out, apparently we had a transformer blow. The fridges were out. I took my lunch back to the car and into the cooler it went. With two frozen water bottles even the older crappy cooler keeps food cold. Not much room or longevity with the older cheap cooler.

perkj

Explorer
My RTIC Softside 40 was supposed to ship on 9/8 but to my surprise I received notification it shipped today (8/27) :wings:

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I've had the Ozark Trail for a few months and it seems like a very good cooler so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dusmw

Soft side 20

Received my soft side 20. Well built and very good performance to date. I think RTIC will drive down the Yeti pricing. At the lake even those with Yeti's have bought an RTIC cooler and the comments seem to be "it's every bit as good as the Yeti at half the price"!

Won't take them long to get inventory in line this winter and then when they start shipping within a day or two of order their market share will grow rapidly.

Even with Yeti's innovation the marketplace and competition is quick to respond. I sure wish I had waited and spent the money I did on the Yeti on less expensive alternatives.

clefeve

We plan on ordering the 20 and 65. Too late for our beach trip in three weeks due to ship date, but we have been eyeing them for awhile now.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Finally got it last week. So far so good. It will be a while for field test.
20160831_210346.jpg
20160831_210730.jpg
20160831_210834.jpg

Last edited:

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Wow.. this is a good deal. This is a similar thing (business model) to the bed I just bought. Christeli Beds are very similar to Tempurpedic, but they don't do storefronts or advertising. Cutting the price in half. Thank you for sharing this link for the RTIC coolers. I will be spending some $$$ with these guys! The Lowball Cup is so sweet, as are the Softsided coolers. I am stoked!

Last edited:

colierar

Observer
Got an email that mine shipped today, was supposed to ship on 10/3/16, I ordered it on 8/12/16. So it seems they are catching up some what. I will keep this thread posted. I ordered a 45 Qt in tan.

thefishhawk

Adventurer
Same here, got the Soft Pack 20. Ordered 8/25, expected ship 10/2, sent today. Although I think it said expected ship 9/17ish when I ordered, then they pushed it back. Just in time to get some use in before summer is over!! Looking forward to checking it out.

colierar

Observer
20160919_165619.jpg

Received it yesterday. Besides the cheesy sticker on the front that I removed, its pretty nice. Testing it out on a trip in the next couple weeks. Will report back.

RotorHead04

Observer
Cooler Report: My good friend / co-worker ordered the Rtic 65 and it showed up a few weeks ago. Like many posts I have read on here it did take forever for it to actually show up, and shipping dates were changed on him several times. He was shopping around for a high end cooler and decided to give Rtic a shot. The cooler now lives on the back of a black flatbed work truck and it works great. We do landscaping on the surface of the sun, also known as the Dallas / Ft Worth area, and this cooler keeps everything beyond cold. When he mentioned he was buying it I did my homework, read and watched online reviews and tests. Now that we have had it for a few weeks I can say that I an setting aside a few $$$ to buy one. I have a fridge that lives in the back of the Land Cruiser but a this cooler will be a great edition to the camp gear.

Anyways, enough blabbing heres our real world results. Temperatures these last few weeks have been hideous, daily above 95° and its common to hit the +100° mark. As mentioned the cooler lives on a black metal flatbed in direct sun light all day which absorbs all that invisible evil and multiplies its temperature before spitting it back out. We fill the cooler daily with +20 water bottles, several gatorades, and other goodies to keep us going. The trend the past few weeks has been loading it up with 3-4 20lb bags of ice on a monday and having to fill it again thursday morning. Now before anyone complains about not appearing to hold ice as advertised let me explain. We drain the water daily and by the end of day 3 theres about the equivalent of 1.5 bags of ice left in the cooler, still very chili. We dump it, rinse the cooler out so its ready for more water and ice thursday morning. During the average work day (7 am - 5 pm) we open the cooler about twice an hour or more. I never once read a review or watched a video test that simulated those conditions. I love the fact that we open this thing 20-30 times a day in +95° weather and it keeps things incredibly cold over several days all while living on a stove top. The only shade the cooler gets is when the sun goes down and temps drop a few degrees.

I have to agree with my buddy when he says "this is one of the best purchases I have ever made." I'll be buying one. After having used it on a daily basis I am impressed. Im sure there are others out there as good or maybe even better, but for the money you can't go wrong. If you're a weekend warrior looking for something to keep food and drinks cold on a campout or the beach I have no doubts this will meet your expectations. If you're going on an overland trip and not getting into it a few times every hour I have no doubt it will keep anything from spoiling for 5-7 days. I hope this helps someone in making a decision!

IMG_3128.jpg

Biker Eagle

Observer
Ordered my Rtic 45 on Sunday with a 11/14 ship date. Got an email Monday that it had Shipped. WTH?! Guess they may be caught up or it's the end of the season. Anyway should have it by this Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior