shower holder?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Want to get a shower tent for the camp chef heated shower setup, but how are you guys holding the shower head? All the shower tents I see haevt he framework on the outside so I cant even like hook it up or anything

ideas?

Binder Lou

Observer
Shower head idea

I tried a pole with a shower head holder but finally gave up on the complexity and lack of control. I went to the hardware store and bought a spray head/hose for a kitchen sink and spliced that into my shower hose. It's great. I hang the hose over the fabric wall and have a one handed, valve controlled shower head. The wife thought it was a great idea.

n4585k

Front Runner makes a cool thing that attaches to their roof rack. I've got it and it works like a charm...

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
except then i have to use the arb awning and room, with wet ground next to the car. instead of a shower tent like i would like to.

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
I toss a line with a carabiner over the nearest high branch and haul my solar shower up high. Put a rubber pad below it. If you wanna stare at my ugly carcass while I shower, I'll think you are weird, but it won't really bother me. On the other end, if it bothers you, don't look. :)

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
I just purchased a privy shelter for my wife, it has an external frame, but there is a plastic S-hook at the very top that you could hang a shower head from - maybe a loop of webbing, or a bungie? I dunno, sorry if I'm not helping.

six sons

Observer
My Zodi shower came with a nice collapsible shower pole/ tripod. They do sell that part separately.

Google. Zodi shower pole

joelbert

Adventurer
pvc

I would think you could leverage some of the creative pvc extension poles from the awning thread for something useful as a self-standing stand inside whatever you use as a shower enclosure.

Last edited:

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
If I wanted to use my awning for a shower tent, I wouldn't need this thread.

Im specifically looking for someone, hopefully, who has used a shower privy/tent with a powered/heated shower setup. Its a shower head like you would have in your house. The fact that most privy/tents use an outside structure instead of an inside makes it a bit difficult. The Ideas I had were to cut a hole on the inside and position the shower head through that with an arm connecting to the outside structure, but I don't even know if that would work.

such as this
grand-trunk-dunny-camp-shower-tent-2.jpg

and this
319kxgnxJPL._SX466_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz