2004 100 Series RedSoxCruiser Build Thread

Red Sox Cruiser

Since wheeling a few weekends ago I have had a crazy drivability issue. Felt like the front end couldn't decide where to send the power and every once in a while the Trac light would come on. I have had this issue a little bit since replacing the rack bushings with the poly but not anywhere near this bad. After checking and rechecking everything on the truck we were able to trace it to the aftermarket poly rack bushings and a slight amount of play from the driver side inner tie rod end. I replaced the rack bushings with the whiteline brand bushings and a new moog tie rod, did another alignment and I am very happy to report that she drives great again. I found the major difference between the poly bushings and whiteline is how soft the poly is vs. the whiteline. The poly allowed for too much flex under acceleration is all I was able to determine. I am headed to Hundreds in the Hills next week so I'll have a 2200 mile report after that.

Red Sox Cruiser

Thought I'd share some photo's and info on the cutting board install on my 2004 I finally got around to doing this weekend.

It is designed to have new holes drilled in the tailgate so you can go back to carpet if you want to switch back.

First remove the carpet pad using a pry tool, it is held on by purple plastic clips.

Next line up the cutting board and tape it down with some painters tape.

Next using a punch mark all your holes and remove the board.

I used a step bit and drilled a 7/16th inch hole so it would fit the stainless recess screws & toggle nuts.

Next install the hardware on the board.

Flip the board over and insert the toggle nuts and lift up on the board and tighten them down.

Pretty cool mod for camping/overlanding.

Last edited:

landsharkman

Adventurer
With that cutting board it can you go back to the carpet ,would one wants all of those anchors rattling inside if you took it off or can you reach inside to retrieve them.
I am using one I had made from Richlite that I am leaving loose at the moment , thinking of velcro or some other attachment method. Went with the Richlite due to higher temp rating for when I use my stove on the tailgate

Red Sox Cruiser

Yes you can go back to carpet that's why you drill new holes. If you want to go back to carpet you remove the screws and the toggle nuts fall inside. Then you remove the inspection cover on your tailgate to retrieve the nuts.

uly

Your 100 looks great on the MTR's and rock warriors! My Father in Law has a HAM license and I may get mine soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Sox Cruiser

Thank you

I must admit I did the HAM thing kicking and screaming all the way. I had to do it for our local TLCA Club event Cruisin the Woods. But I will say it is a huge upgrade to the CB when it comes to communicating in the woods.

leucadiacruiser

Beach N Toys Chapter TLCA
Great looking rig and perfect timing - my 100 is still the wife's daily driver but I am beginning to sneak in some expedition items starting with communications. I have the LabRak antenna mount and when I got it a while back I was going to install a CB. Now however, am leaning toward hard wiring a dual band radio. Your locations looks perfect as we never use cd, dvd or the working nav for that matter. Wondering if you can give me specifically how you mounted your antenna to the cb mount. Is that NMO? Which antenna brand? Have taken it in to HRO, but have been met with 'it can't be done' more than once. :mad: Any info appreciated and subscribed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior