Samsung Galaxy S6 Active - Pretty Rugged

lysol

Explorer
The wife and I both just got this phone yesterday. So far, we like it. I hated the "soft" touch buttons on the Galaxy S5 and S6/S6 Edge. This one gives you hard buttons on the front. The whole phone just feels solid. I hope the Active lineup continues. Here's a pretty decent review I came across.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s6-active,review-2910.html

Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Active-ATT-W-G07.jpg

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
I've had the Samsung Rugby for about 3 years and found it to be very rugged. When I first saw the "Active" I thought it odd they advertised it as something innovative.
That said, I was seriously looking at them until I saw they don't have a replaceable battery or micro sd capability. I've used by Rugby in torrential downpours with no ill effects. So it's not like they can't be well sealed.

lysol

Explorer
I've had the Samsung Rugby for about 3 years and found it to be very rugged. When I first saw the "Active" I thought it odd they advertised it as something innovative.
That said, I was seriously looking at them until I saw they don't have a replaceable battery or micro sd capability. I've used by Rugby in torrential downpours with no ill effects. So it's not like they can't be well sealed.

They also made an S5 Active which can still be purchased. That is the last one that has the removable back cover. I agree that this type of phone should have a way to replace the battery at LEAST. I can let the lack of a micro sd card slot go, but the battery should be replaceable.

They could just make the battery compartment sealed and the battery just clips on externally or it has a gasket on the battery itself. A lot of handheld radios are like this (the battery mounts externally).

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
They also made an S5 Active which can still be purchased. That is the last one that has the removable back cover. I agree that this type of phone should have a way to replace the battery at LEAST. I can let the lack of a micro sd card slot go, but the battery should be replaceable.
Yeah, the lack of micro sd isn't a deal breaker for me, but non-replaceable battery definitely is.
My next phone, when my Rugby gives up the ghost, will probably be a Sonim.

lysol

Explorer
The battery is technically replaceable, though you would have to lift the screen (most likely destroying it and having to replace that too), take apart the internals, and then replace the battery. I had to replace my wife's Galaxy S5 frame and screen. When I was removing the already broken screen, I destroyed it further trying to lift up on the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior