Tires Getting Spiked On Trail

sfunk

I ran the trail from Three Sticks Monument to clayton trail in early November. No problems, took the bypass. Didn't see any other vechiles on the trail. The trail is tight and expect some pinstripping. Everything did buff out.

Berserker

Annual bump. Has anybody had more punctures or trouble with this? A group of us are potentially going to visit the trail but the thought of booby-traps is wanting some to shelve the idea. Thanks!

jschmidt

Adventurer
Yeah, usually it turns out to be some cranky prepper-hermit, but you guys are making great arguments for legalizing weed.

OkieRunner

I grew up relatively close to that part of the state and am fairly familiar with that area. I'm pretty sure there are no enviro-nazis or hippy protestor types within a 150 mile radius (or however far OKC or Dallas is). I would expect either locals in a rattle-can camo 1983 ford that don't like so much traffic on their trail, or somebody trying to cover drug activity close by. It's a bummer, I want to take my wife and kid up the trail, but unless I'm with a decent sized group, probably won't chance it.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
It is NOT advised to travel this trail without being armed and very aware.

28 years in the U.S. Army, 3 combat deployments, 10 years as a correctional officer in a super-max prison... I don't leave my bedroom without being armed. I avoid states that prevent me from defending myself, and I'll never again travel to a country where I can't be armed.

That doesn't mean you won't get hit with a trap like this. Similar to the IED that retired me, you can't shoot back at something like this. That said, there are a lot of evil people out there. This is one of the reasons I like off roaders and overlanders. They are normally kind people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior