Recovery Bag

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I use multiple bags to distribute the weight and make it easier to pack into nooks and crannies in the back of the truck. Bucket Boss has some rounded bags (probably for air hoses and extension cords) that are perfect for recovery straps and jumper cables, with smaller items stuffed into the center of the bag. Tire repair stuff goes into one of their gatemouth bags, with a few cans of inflator/sealer, patch kit, flares, air chucks, etc. Hi-Lift stuff gets its own bag, with accessories and jack repair kit. Just about every bag has its own pair of gloves. You get the idea. Cordura-type tool bags are a dime a dozen these days, just wait for a sale at Home Depot or Sears or Lowe's. I'm planning to repack a lot of stuff this summer in the zippered rectangular bags that typically come with cordless power tools from companies like Makita, Rigid, Ryobi, Craftsman, etc. I have been accumulating them and now have enough to hold everything. The advantage over the other bags is that these are rectangular and can be packed like bricks, but when full are not too heavy to handle. The trick is to label them for easy ID and put the ones you need first on top of the heap.

landsharkman

Adventurer
My recovery stuff is divided between bags to spread the weight, make it easier to store and for convenience of.as well, I have one ARB compact bag with an ARB tree strap, ARB light weight snatch block, Warn winch ext line, two Van Beest shackles, pair of gloves, two South East Overland softshackles. Then I have another ARB comparecoct bag with an ARB snatch strap, two ARB recovery dampers, an ARB light weight snatch block, pair of glove, two Van Beest shackles. Ten one large ARB rcovery bag with an ARB winch ext strap, a warn snatch block, two Van Beest shackles, Warn tree, ASR recovery rope, pair of gloves. The air compressor has it own bag and everything else is in one of the drawers

unseenone

Explorer
I just use an inexpensive bag, so if the dog chews it, no big loss.. I'd prefer to store it under the rear or behind the seats, but it's too big. Perhaps dividing it into two bags makes good sense.. Very similar gear to the above.. Good Idea.

My warn bag got soaked in oil. It has been replaced with a Klein canvas tool bag that I had sitting around. I think they make several different sizes.

Louisd75

Adventurer
I split my recovery stuff between a couple canvas tool bags like these: http://www.rothco.com/product-details/rothco-canvas-jumbo-tool-bag-with-brass-zipper

I use a black one and a green one. Black has winch stuff (steel and soft shackles, extension, tree strap, snatch block), green has hi-lift stuff (lift mate, clamp, spare pins) and snatch strap. Different colors make it easier to grab the right bag or direct someone to the right bag. They've got a smaller bag as well, but I use them for work mostly. I lucked into these on sale and bought a bunch (three big, four small if I remember right)

BCobe

Adventurer
I split my recovery stuff between a couple canvas tool bags like these: http://www.rothco.com/product-details/rothco-canvas-jumbo-tool-bag-with-brass-zipper

I use a black one and a green one. Black has winch stuff (steel and soft shackles, extension, tree strap, snatch block), green has hi-lift stuff (lift mate, clamp, spare pins) and snatch strap. Different colors make it easier to grab the right bag or direct someone to the right bag. They've got a smaller bag as well, but I use them for work mostly. I lucked into these on sale and bought a bunch (three big, four small if I remember right)
I actually ordered these same bags. One for tools the othee for recovery gear. Haven't really had to use them but I am glad I got them. Amazon also sells this brand for a cheaper price, at least they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior