Tires for expedition vehicle

Healeyjet

Explorer
Michelin email to Michel

Google translate French to English
Ward

Hello Sir,

The tire 255/100 R16 XZL is available in Europe only. It is not sold in Canada.
To get these products for your vehicle , you can only get them in Europe via the dealer of your choice: the internet or local network distribution and arrange shipping yourself.

I hope that answers your request.

Thanking you for your interest in our products.

Best regard.

MICHELIN
Truck Product Marketing France
Technical Industrial Products Bureau

Last edited:
Michelin email to Michel

Google translate French to English
Ward

Hello Sir,

The tire 255/100 R16 XZL is available in Europe only. It is not sold in Canada.
To get these products for your vehicle , you can not get them in Europe via the dealer of your choice: the internet or local network distribution and arrange shipping yourself.

I hope that answers your request.

Thanking you for your interest in our products.

Best regard.

MICHELIN
Truck Product Marketing France
Technical Industrial Products Bureau

Not a correct translation by Google !!!

Michelin Americas wrote:
To get these products for your vehicle , you can only get them in Europe via the dealer of your choice: the internet or local network distribution and arrange shipping yourself.

It never is Michel :)

I corrected it as per your post.

Ward

Good job, Ward !!!

It is easy to say for Michelin Americas to buy these tires in Europe and have them shipped over to the USA.
One 255/100R16 has a weight of 40 kilos = 88 pounds and a diameter of 90 cm = 35 inches.
It will be difficult to find a company who can send such a heavy and big object to the USA and if possible, it will be extremely expensive.
Kal-Tire in Vancouver quoted a price of 900 Canadian Dollars = 688 US$ just for shipping 2 tires....

unirover

Observer
255/100 R16 are only going to get harder to find in the future. They are not exactly easy to source in Europe and ROW it is almost impossible to get them unless you spend a fortune in logistics. Forget it if you are in South America or Africa. I'd look into 275/80 R20 (10.5 R20). They are a bit bigger (not by much) and might not work in your application, but if they do, it is a much better size. Several good tread options from Michelin (including XZL) and Continental. The 10.5 will generally be tougher and should last longer as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne