Canter FG649 SWB Camper Truck Build

Bris31

Adventurer
Side panels and finally the roof.
Finally time to put the windows around.
Next week hatches and the entry door coming up.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 119

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Panels are 23mm thick with 20mm polyurethane foam core and composite fiber glass skin.

Very interesting! I thought that you guys in Australia want thicker panels to keep the heat out. How much flex is in the walls? Excuse me asking, but I have never workered with panels that thin. I would love to hear how it works out for you.

gait

Explorer
I have 23mm walls, 50mm with internal wood slats for roof and floor, Vanglass.

I used the 23mm panel as a bed base. Still flat after 3.5 years continuous use. Some flex of side wall over 4m when floor bent as sub-frame sagged at rear. My walls are split horizontally to allow removal of top half. Replaced floor and walls recovered.

Thicker insulation simply slows down how long it takes for inside temperature to equal outside. I don't have aircon. I do have lots of cross ventilation. So far so good in 34 countries between Aus and Europe. I'd be a bit wary of Canada in winter.

High humidity is as bad for us as high temperature. I'm in process of changing to Lithium, allows option of aircon in future.

Bris31

Adventurer
Slow but progressing steadily though.

Inside angles going in (still not completed yet). Old camping poles came very handy.

Today spent few hrs at Vanglass (Yandina QLD) putting entry door, hatch doors and cutting few angles. Shaun (Vanglass) was available at moment's notice for any hiccup despite being super busy for Christmas orders. Camper is now fully lockable but ...... lost the keys of hatch doors (how could I :( )

But sorely missed Dan's (from Cairns) message who was visiting her sister at Sunshine Coast and only few hundred meters from Vanglass!!

Attachments

• Inside angles.jpg
    Inside angles.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Door and Hatch.jpg
    Door and Hatch.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 138

Bris31

Adventurer
Time for updates (though delayed due to obstacles - year end work schedule, health, wet weather, holidays etc)

Inside overhead cupboards - at the back and front along the width. No plan for other overhead cupboards due to weight consideration.

And the bed.

Front LSD installed at ATW in the meantime.

Attachments

• Cupboards.jpg
    Cupboards.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Cupboard 1.jpg
    Cupboard 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Cupboard 2.jpg
    Cupboard 2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Bed.jpg
    Bed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 106

Bris31

Adventurer
Electrical question!

And the planning for the house battery power goes like this: (it will be used for Waeco 65L DZ fridge/freezer + a small vent fan, 4 LED lights, small sink pump, 19" 12V TV - 3hrs/ day max, charging 12v notebook, mobile phones - all 12V NO 220v).
1. House battery (200Ah) to be charged from solar panels (200W).
2. Charging house battery from vehicle alternator, only while driving and when batts are not fully topped up by solar due to cloudy/rainy days.

So questions to all good people with electrical knowledge and experience:
1) is there implication if the batteries are charged from Alt and solar panels at the same time when driving?
2) is earth connection of VSR in the diagram is connected to vehicle chasis?
3) Does solar panel connection needs to be disconnected (and or covered) when not in use?

Thanks and appreciated as always.

Attachments

• HouseBatterySetup.jpg
    HouseBatterySetup.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online