Ford centurion.

ABCanuck

Adventurer
I'm not a Ford guy but this is still pretty cool

d819f7d1599adee654b91f053a23819e.jpg

1989 F-350 BRONCO CENTURION 460 V8 on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/winnipeg/1989-f-350-bronco-centurion-460-v8/1053793288

1989 Ford F350 Centurion 4 Door Bronco, very rare vehicle sold new in Canada.

In order to offer a competitor for Chevrolet's four-door Suburban, a four-door conversion of the F-series crew cab by Michigan-based Centurion Vehicles was offered through Ford dealerships. Centurion would start with a Crew Cab pickup, on which they shortened the wheelbase to 140 inches (3,600 mm) and applied a Bronco rear end.

This paticular Centurion is a 1 ton F350 based example with the added desirability of 4 wheel drive. This is the most heavy duty Centurion that was available and possibly the rarest.

It is powered by the legendary 385 Series Ford V8 in 460cid guise with electronic fuel injection. This motors are very desirable and well known for the excellent torque and longevity. Still a favourite choice for many high performance boats and industrial applications where power and reliability are a must. It is mated to the very strong Ford C6 automatic transmission. Both motor and transmission in this Centurion are in excellent condition so it runs and drives very well.

It has seating for 9 passengers with 3 rows of seats and a large trunk. The interior is complete and in good condition showing minimal wear in keeping with the age and mileage of the vehicle.

The exterior of this Centurion is very good for its age. There is no severe rust, just a few minor paint blisters. The original paint is very good and there is no dents or body damage to speak of.

Overall an excellent original example of a very rare vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winnipegk5

Hey, I live 20 minutes from this truck if anyone needs it checked out in person.

No, there is still not snow on the ground here :)

I had a Centurion 4 door f150 back in those days, they basically were straight from factory conversions to add extra doors and the quality was good on my ford truck That would be a sweet overland rig

ABCanuck

Adventurer
I didn't even realize they existed. Still be a good expo rig with the 460. No lack of torque that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTAA

Adventurer
I have a 1992 with a 7.3 (under 100k) I have been considering selling to downsize my number of vehicles. It's in pretty much perfect shape. I'd need over $13k for sure as it is the nicest one out there as far as I know.

If there's interest I will post some pics in a couple of weeks when I return home from traveling.

Love these things. Would love to find one with a 7.3 in it.

85sqish

I have a 1992 with a 7.3 (under 100k) I have been considering selling to downsize my number of vehicles. It's in pretty much perfect shape. I'd need over $13k for sure as it is the nicest one out there as far as I know.

If there's interest I will post some pics in a couple of weeks when I return home from traveling.
I'd be interested in that.

enesset

Interested as well, sent you a PM several days ago. Would be the "big brother" to my '69 early bronco (stroppe tribute).

MTAA

Adventurer
Sorry guys as I have been out of town quite a bit lately. I am hopeful next weekend I should be able to get some info posted up on my 1992 Centurion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier