MAN LE10 Camper on the Telegraph Track Cape York Australia

landseer

Hi just uploading a few shots of our truck on it's first trip all going well I'll post more shots of our build and travels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 74

SpudBoy

Observer
Nice work! Did you have trouble getting through on parts of the track?

I've not been up to the tip, but I gather there are lots of narrow parts on the track, and some of the creek crossings look very hairy, like Gunshot Creek crossing:

9a02dd7e7e1758f6e11f645980b6e3d0.jpg

and narrow bridges, like this:

de-cape-york-5.jpg

Or, is there an alternate road that bypasses these 'obstacles'?

Thanks for posting the pictures - David

landseer

Hi David , We had to bypass some of the Northern section, Gunshot and the timber bridge. We were advised not to try it, what we did was terrific, We did a fair bit of tree Pruning, Regards Dennis

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We did the OTT a few years ago, Gunshot was a bit of a disappointment, we saw a few standard hiluxe dual cabs with highway tyres towing camper trailers coming down one of the multitude of "detours" through the creek. The photos above are from the one or two really steep parts where some people try to go down, but for the majority of that part of the track, it looks like an old building site where guys with 4x4 have been playing around for years, each year someone seems to cut a new detour.

It's a pity you skipped the northern section, that was by far the nicest, as most people skip the last three creek crossings as they are pretty deep.

I got a little chainsaw - https://www.masters.com.au/product/100560582/black-decker-18v-lithium-chainsaw-gkc1820l-black Works great, there is also one of these if you don't want to climb. http://www.blackanddecker.com.au/gardentools/productdetails/catno/GPC1820L/

Must easier than carrying petrol around, particularly if you have a 240V inverter for your truck like we do.

Sitec

Adventurer
It is our plan to get up that way in the truck later next yr.. I was trying to find out if you can get a truck to the tip.. Seems you can! :) Just need another truck to come with us! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles