Do you bring milk?

jhill15

Explorer
We use these on every travel.
Horizon singles. They are one serving and dont need to be refrigerated until opened
7b936381f3c60730d5757d89f9d68bc5.jpg
the good news is they are just a serving size so there really isn't a need to refrigerate them. But for what it's worth we still pop em in the cooler...we don't like really hot milk lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TwinStick

Explorer
Nothing like ice cold milk & pb&j or ice cold milk & cookies. Now that we have the small fridge in camper, 82 qt & 50 qt ARB fridge/freezers, we plan to take what ever we want.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I bring Soy or almond milk. Last longer plus I don't drink milk anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Camelfilter

Explorer
I like the lactose free simply for its extended outdate. Home I buy it from Costco, comes in a 3 pack of 1/2 gallon cartons, very well priced. Lactaid brand quarts if im out on the road, or as others mentioned shelf stable small boxes.

For powders I've used both whole milk bought in bulk from King Arthur flour co & Nestle "Nido" brand enriched powder. Both are very good, provided you reconstitute as previously mentioned by aerating them. I haven't bought the bulk powder in a long time, but always have a can or 2 of Nido powder around.

You can buy the Nido at big walmarts, and big grocery stores with large ethnic foods sections...I just saw canned caramel at Safeway the other day & I'll pick some up when I'm back next. How awesome would a caramel mocha be for a morning brew in camp?

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Yes. Real whole milk, the richer the better, unadulterated and farm-fresh, fridge cold. Even lightly-spoiled milk is useful for cooking. Like everything good, in moderation...

verdesardog

Explorer
No animal milk for me anymore, almond/coconut. Unsweetened, no vanilla. It can be found in aseptic one liter packs, no refrigeration needed until opened. I even cook my grits in the stuff....

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Trying... So... Hard.. Not to respond to all the BS nutrition advice you spew in this site.

Hey, everyone has a sacred cow, someplace. No worries; they eat their food, you eat yours... and my pancakes are made with sour milk ;-)

KevinsMap

Adventurer
ab 1985, wish I knew who you are talking about. highdesertranger

Not really a LOL - more of a teehee combined with a sense of foreboding, given the next post after yours... Food Wars!?! Next to religious wars, well, it's usually less violent I suppose - but just as pointless.

Pax, people. Be happy with your food, and that you have enough of it... and feel no need to evangelize. I enjoy my milk; you enjoy your food, and we can all tout our favorites without stress and dire warnings... that we may all be truly thankful?

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Explorer
I bring a small container of fresh milk, some small cans of milk and powdered milk.

I don't like having open containers of stuff that can leak in the ice chest so the small cartons of milk are good for morning coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online