3 pre ULSD Fuso FGs with LOW mileage for sale

dtruzinski

Explorer
2 2004 FG
1 2007 FG (I bought the other one!)

You may have seen these advertised from time to time on Craigslist. They are always posted in remote or mountain state craigslist ads and frequently deleted by the moderator. I decided to track the guy down and take a look at the rigs. It's the real deal and more importantly, I have paved the way for you to get your hands on one of these gems. I flew to Bend OR to see the rigs and get the story. I figured worst case, if it was a fraudulent deal, I would get to see the Earth Cruiser factory and meet Lance and Michelle...which I did...see post in Mitsu forum.

This guy and his partner built and operated Class 6 wild land fire trucks on a contract basis. They are getting out of the biz (probably due to the age of the trucks, but that is only speculation). They were hoping to find buyers who wanted a fire truck, hence posting in dry western states on Craigslist. Craigslist wants you to post locally, and frowns on this remote cross posting. I think there are more Expo type buyers and told him I would post and promote these trucks. I also set the stage to buy the trucks without the fire equipment at a decent discount. They can be purchase with just an aluminum flatbed and the tool boxes. This is huge, as you could drop a camper right onto the bed and have a quick Expo ready rig while you plan that perfect box or have EarthCruiser mount their house on your rig.

If you reach out to him, would you please do me a favor and mention that Dave Truzinski referred you...Full disclosure, I will get a small commission to offset the purchase price of the one I bought...it's a capped commission, so I am not trying to get rich. I am happy to give you more information about the vehicles and my impression of their condition. You can email me directly at dave@truzinski.com. If you are interested in talking to the owner, contact Scott Benedict at fo2x@hotmail.com and please remember to mention this referral.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/hvo/5138564364.html

update: I just checked Craigslist Bend and the ad was deleted. I found it again on CL Portland and updated the link. As soon as the BEND OR link is valid again, I will update the group. Here are the specs from the ad.

Updated Mileage
2004 FG Engine #3- 31,000 miles

2004 FG Engine #4- 35,000 miles

2007 FG Engine #2- 16,000 miles

Last edited:

dtruzinski

Explorer
updating some pics

adding pics to show how clean the undercarriage is...these are not salt licks!

front axle.jpgrear axle.jpg2004 FG 017-2.jpg2004 FG 017-2.jpg

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Looks like the Portland CL ad was nuked also....I'd be interested in looking at them

dtruzinski

Explorer
Yes, I know...I can't figure out if craigslist is deleting them or they are expiring. The best bet is to reach out to Scott directly (his email is in the ad thread I put together). If you want to call him, PM me and I will give you his tele.

dtruzinski

Explorer
$33-35K for the 2004's with the Protech alum bed and boxes and no fire fighting equip
$49k for the 2007 with the protech alum bed and boxes and no fire fighting equip

the bed/box combo is probably worth $5k (they are well engineered).

These aren't discount Fusos, but they are well maintained and super low milers (imho)

Taylor3633 you are a neighbor...we are in Paradise Valley.

drifterdan

Try calling Whitehall"s Alpine Distributing in Belgrade. They had 2 for sale a month ago. They are in Belgrade, as I am also. 800-916-1957.

dtruzinski

Explorer
@drifterdan - do they have 2007s? Not that I need another one, but just curious. I found a 2010 in Belgrade on Jackrabbit Lane...good condition, CO plates and 99k miles. Wonder if that is the same rig?

dtruzinski

Explorer
All come with Alum beds/boxes

These come with 10' aluminum flatbed Protect and a 3' tool storage box. I will pick mine up this weekend and take a pic so you have an idea about the config.

drifterdan

Yea, that is the one I was referring to. I haven't been by by there lately & don't know if they are still available.
They happen to be one of my suppliers & I called Jason & they have a 2009 still available. His # is 406-551-0552.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Here is the most recent Craigslist ad (8/7/15) for these
(make sure to use dtruzinski contact info in this thread if you contact him, not Craigslist so you will get a better deal)

https://medford.craigslist.org/hvo/5160865799.html

Wildland Type 6 Engines For Sale - $44000 (Bend, Oregon)
condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Mitsubishi
model name / number: FG 4x4
size / dimensions: 300 Gallons
PRICES REDUCED for quick sale. TOOL UP for the upcoming fire seasson!!!!!!
All Engines are turn key and ready for duty on the fire line immediately!!
Four(4) complete Engines available, Complete Engine inventories +,+. All equipment AAA+
2004 Mitsubishi FG140 4x4- 2 Available $44,000.00 Each
>31,000 miles and 35,000 miles
340 gallon tank, Waterous pump with 18 HP Briggs Vanguard engine, Robwen Foam System, Hannay Electric Hose reel, Protech flatbed and boxes, Full Emergency Lighting and Siren, Husqvarna Chainsaw.
Brakes and Axle seals June 2014.
2007 Mitsubishi FG140 4x4- 2 Available $67,000.00 Each
>13,000 miles and 16,000 miles
320 gallon tank, Robwen 180 pump with 20 HP Briggs Vandguard engine, Robwen CAFS with 20 HP Briggs Vandguard engine, Hannay Electric Hose reel, Protech flatbed and boxes,
Full Emergency Lighting and Siren, Husqvarna Chainsaw.
All engines are in excellent condition and are the most reliable Wildland platform manufactured.
New FG's come with an unheard of 5 YR/ UNLIMITED Mileage factory warranties.
The cab over design allows for excellent visibility and maneuverability. The big four cylinder inter cooled turbo diesels deliver outstanding fuel economy.
They have been meticulously maintained and have NEVER encountered a break down.
Simply put; "the Toyota of fire trucks".............
ALL engines have Kenwood radios and a list of Equipment above and beyond ANY Agency requirements.
Buy a single truck or negotiate a package deal on the entire fleet.
Delivery available.
00K0K_eeyPcHTWycC_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_NzBdY4VSYo_600x450.jpg

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Sure you don't need another rig, Mog?

If we were up in Oregon already, I probably would have gone ahead and grabbed one of these. Still looks like a good deal to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz