Dodge oops. Should have recalled that pitman arm after all.

justcuz

Explorer
Sergio Marchione and his entire management team should be fired for this. He has ruined Chysler Corporation and now he is caught avoiding doing recalls on the only two products that make the corporation any money! What an egotistical prick!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

No issues with the pitman arm to my knowledge. Dodge supplies a modified one with the new '08.5+ steering. The issue was an improperly installed tre. On the other hand properly installed ones have failed on occasion. Dodge issued a keyed idiot proof one. I installed this years ago:
http://www.straptperformance.com/THUREN-2008-5-HEIM-DRAG-LINK-NO-DRILL-p/thn-tre.htm

But this is what dodge should have installed originally:
http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...ing-heavy-duty-steering-kit-03-13-ram-hd.aspx

Ram's being spanked for dragging their feet and rightfully so.

Last edited:

stingray1300

Explorer
Sergio Marchione and his entire management team should be fired for this. He has ruined Chysler Corporation and now he is caught avoiding doing recalls on the only two products that make the corporation any money! What an egotistical prick!

Well, lay the blame where the blame is due. Chrysler ruined Chrysler. They took the $5 Billion bailout, then filed bankruptcy, then sold 1/2 of themselves to Fiat (after much pleading, Fiat bought 1/2). Then they still couldn't make it and pleaded with Fiat to buy the other 1/2. Now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fiat, Chrysler has more issues than meets the eye. Fiat will make it. They may have to dump Chrysler to do it, but that might indicate how Fiat feels about their acquisition (deep down, they don't like Chrysler), and it's dragging them down. A shame for Dodge owners. They've been in trouble ever since Lee Iacocca left.

justcuz

Explorer
Lee Iacocca was a dinosaur by the time he left. The Bobs (Eaton and Lutz) were doing a pretty decent job of bringing the company back.
People that worked for Chrysler were appalled at how antiquated the Fiat product developement folks that came into the company were. I am laying the blame properly, there is plenty of info out there to prove it.
Fiat will not make it. Even the Italians don't buy Fiats anymore. When people in Europe don't buy products built at home, you know you have trouble.

Last edited:

Freebird

Adventurer
I was in Italy for 3 weeks a couple years ago. Fiats everywhere, not just old ones.
Nobody told the Italians that they wouldn't buy Fiats, I guess....

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Well, lay the blame where the blame is due. Chrysler ruined Chrysler. They took the $5 Billion bailout, then filed bankruptcy, then sold 1/2 of themselves to Fiat (after much pleading, Fiat bought 1/2). Then they still couldn't make it and pleaded with Fiat to buy the other 1/2. Now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fiat, Chrysler has more issues than meets the eye. Fiat will make it. They may have to dump Chrysler to do it, but that might indicate how Fiat feels about their acquisition (deep down, they don't like Chrysler), and it's dragging them down. A shame for Dodge owners. They've been in trouble ever since Lee Iacocca left.

Daimler didn't help matters either.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I was in Italy for 3 weeks a couple years ago. Fiats everywhere, not just old ones.
Nobody told the Italians that they wouldn't buy Fiats, I guess....

Fiat doesn't rate too well on JD Powers or Consumer Reports.
Then of course,the footage of multiple episodes of Chrysler plant workers smoking dope and drinking on their lunch hour("It's our lunch hour!) didn't help much.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Daimler didn't help matters either.

Daimler lost money trying to dump Chrysler.

The following is a signature.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Simons

Adventurer
Lol! That's awesome! I'll need to google that.
The way I remember it, when Daimler bought Chrysler LLC, (in 2004ish I think) they got a profitable company with cash in the bank. Then well they um, yeah...

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Lol! That's awesome! I'll need to google that.
The way I remember it, when Daimler bought Chrysler LLC, (in 2004ish I think) they got a profitable company with cash in the bank. Then well they um, yeah...

It was 1998
http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/14/news/companies/chrysler_sale/

The following is a signature.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior