Broken ARB fridge latch.

herm

Adventurer
The blue plastic in between piece and the gray handle were broken at the outboard axle attachment point while my fridge was keeping lunch nice and cold for a hungry Habitat for Humanity work crew.

Can one buy parts and replace these parts? Anyone else have experience replacing them or fixing them?

:littlefriend: i was pretty unhappy to find it busted when it was returned.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Pretty common break on early models, they have an upgraded handle that started coming standard 3-4 years ago. Non-issue after the upgrade or with newer models. Any ARB stockist should have them around but as you found, ARB will take care of you.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
No, the plastic part he is referring to is on the new fridges.I broke one already on my 1 year old fridge already.

Hmmm, I haven't heard of any reported issues since they upgraded the handle. We have rental fridges that get pretty used/abused and we dealt with a broken handles on the early production units (new model/non-Engel) but since they added additional plastic to that piece, no new issues. Surprised to hear some are still having problems but ARB is quick to resolve.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Hmmm, I haven't heard of any reported issues since they upgraded the handle. We have rental fridges that get pretty used/abused and we dealt with a broken handles on the early production units (new model/non-Engel) but since they added additional plastic to that piece, no new issues. Surprised to hear some are still having problems but ARB is quick to resolve.

For the record, I've never abused your rental fleet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior