Odyssey Battery Age and is the Die Hard Platinum still a good replacement?

aa2300

Observer
Hi Folks,

I can't seem to find a serial number or manufacture date on my Odyssey battery. I've attached a photo of the battery and am guessing that this one was made in April of '07? Can anyone confirm that for me. After only a single overnight with only the fridge and random LED cab lights as doors were opened I awoke to a dead battery. If it's made it 8 years I'm happy to replace with a new one.
QC8fzvqm.jpg

Also is the DHP still a good replacement? I read somewhere the relationship between Enersys and Sears may be over at this point.

Thanks in Advance all!

228B

Observer
Hey, that's good news. Yes, and although Sears and Odyssey have not renewed their association, you can still find fresh DHP/Odysseys at some Sears Automotive stores, but you have to look online, then call. I've got my eye on two Group 31 but I don't know how long they're going to sit there waiting on me before someone else swo0ps on in there 'n' snags 'em. Heh.
Take a voltmeter with you and check any DHP you're thinking of buying. You're looking for a resting voltage is 12.84 or higher.
http://www.batteryplex.com/sheets/Odyssey Application Manual.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier