SOLD - $3500 James Baroud Grand Raid RTT, Trailer, more!

Xlur8ed

Bump! Price drop, everything for $4500 (you arrange travels/transport) if I don't have to store it for the winter! Price will return to originally listed pricing next summer!

AML

Adventurer
I like the functionality of it. I just wonder the headroom under the awning. I am assuming you can't stand up under it?

Xlur8ed

When I had the setup on my Frontier, it was perfect height to stand up underneath. With this setup, I actually extend the front of the awning up higher than the mounting point (inverted if you will). Sun protection has been it's purpose, and with chairs closest to the 'low point' you can sit comfortably. When it rained the few times, I lowered the front down and it still allowed me to cook/move underneath freely (I'm 6'2"), but not fully standing, mostly sitting. The ladder rack in the pictures is lowered all the way down, and does allow for another 12" or so of raise, but I lower it down when I travel for better aerodynamics with my Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for the compliment!

AML

Adventurer
Makes sense. Thanks. I don't quite have the funds yet to purchase a trailer, but it is coming soon. I like how yours is multipurpose once the tent is off. It is definitely one of the contenders. Problem is getting one before someone else buys it :)

Any more pictures of the trailer in its different configurations or being used?

Thank you.

Xlur8ed

Getting ready to store it for the winter, so I will periodically bump this thread to keep it alive, knowing it will unlikely sell in the winter.

dokken08

Would you sell just the tent? If so how much would you be looking to get. Very nice setup
but I just need a RTT to put on the gobi rack on my jeep wrangler.
Thanks

Xlur8ed

Thank you! Unfortunately, it would have to sell as a package. The condition of trailer is literally NEW, so although a bit of work, the buyer could sell the trailer for less I paid, as new condition, and likely get a better priced end result on the RTT. Most don't want the hassle, and I understand. I don't want it either :)

Xlur8ed

Spring is upon us, and once again I am going to bring this sale back from the dead in hopes someone wants a smoking deal on a nice setup. I realize the pictures look poor in original post, but I could certain dig it out and fully set it up for a serious buyer, it is a truly remarkable setup, being able to put stuff under the RTT to stay dry. Over this winter, I acquired a puppy Boxer and we are expecting a child in August, so back to pop up camper for us.

Please call me for quickest response area code 701 then 388 then 7917 (hope that fends off the spam bots)

-Jason

Last edited:

Crusty

Does the RTT raise up from the position it is in in the pics (making the awning usable) and if so, could it be towed in this position? I'm looking for something I can camp in and haul a full sized dual sport (14 BMW GS Adventure). Or would it be possible to move the tent to the rear a little to make room for a bike up front? Not sure it would be possible to get a ramp over the rails and get it up there; just spitballing at this point. Been looking for a converted enclosed trailer, but your setup is an interesting option.

Thanks

Xlur8ed

The RTT is on a Thule ladder rack, and it can go up approximately 5-8 more inches. The awning has been used inverted, which is awesome, other than pouring rain. Yes the RTT could be moved forward or backward on the trailer, however I wanted it centered over the axle for weight distribution. Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior