2003 G500 with 45,000 miles on it

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
I'm thinking of adding a new overlander to my stable. I currently have a 2008 Landcruiser 200 pretty well built up, and was curious what people felt about the reliability of a well maintained 2003? I know about window actuators, but other than that, what are the big problem areas? Thanks guys!

NYCRover

Observer
Given the mileage, you probably won't have the bigger issues of unserviced trannys/diffs/lockers that are common in higher mileage trucks.

Besides the regulators, which at that mileage you're probably going to have to replace soon (all four and about a grand a piece parts+labor), I think the main issues are electrical gremlins: transfer case module and seat adjustment modules. Lastly, depending on where the truck has lived, it could have bubbling of paint on hinges, side mirror attachments, under the rear door and in the bottom seam of the rear passenger side quarter panel (below where the gas tank cap is).

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm thinking of adding a new overlander to my stable. I currently have a 2008 Landcruiser 200 pretty well built up, and was curious what people felt about the reliability of a well maintained 2003? I know about window actuators, but other than that, what are the big problem areas? Thanks guys!

Dooo it! If it's been properly maintained, it'll go a long long time. M113 V8's are incredibly strong.
We haven't seen the regulators be THAT problematic. Not as much as typical leaky valve cover gaskets for example. Have only seen 1 TC module fail.

I haven't seen any W463's with "W460-like-rust" since the W463's are galvanized.

Yes, I do miss mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94