diesel engine for Chevrolet Colorado gets a price

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/28/2016-chevy-colorado-duramax-diesel-181-hp-369-torque-price/

Chevrolet announced today that the Duramax four cylinder turbodiesel will be a $3,730 option over the price of the V6 gas engine for the Colorado pickup. The diesel engine will be an option on LT and Z71 crew cab models.

The least expensive diesel 4x4 prices out between $34 and $35,000. Compare with the Ram 1500 with V6 diesel at about $42K for a Tradesman model crew cab with bench seat and rubber floor mats.

All diesels will be paired with a 6 speed automatic. 4x4 with two speed transfer case and automatic locking rear diff are standard.

You can order your diesel now. The first deliveries will ship this Fall.

Fuel economy numbers have not been released for the diesel Colorado, but the numbers should be at least 20% better than the gasoline V6, which is rated at 20 mpg in combined driving. Rumors say Chevrolet is shooting for 30 mpg in highway driving, probably attainable with the 2WD version. In northern California, ULSD diesel fuel is about 50 cents per gallon cheaper than unleaded regular, so it shouldn't take too many miles to make up the difference in price for the diesel.

The Colorado has a payload rating of 1500 to 1600 lb, depending on the vehicle configuration. The Tacoma is rated to carry 1320 to 1380 lb. Payload for the Ram 1500 with diesel is only 1100 to 1200 lb, depending on trim.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Wonder what the real pricing on dealer lots is going to look like.

The Acadia and Envoy are both well over $35,000 around here.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Wonder what the real pricing on dealer lots is going to look like.

The Acadia and Envoy are both well over $35,000 around here.

Good point having just purchased a new Ford for the wife Fusion Energi Titanium. I forgot how bad Ford and GM dealers are regarding working uninformed consumers. If Ford were to ever hire me in upper management my first day on the job would be to close 1/3 of the dealers in major metro areas. I had 7 different dealers fighting over my business and every single one of them did a piss poor job of it sending me numbers with no details as to what the numbers were coming from etc. However because of this I was finally able to get my local around the corner dealer who more or less wasn't interested in selling a car to start getting serious about REALISTIC pricing especially given there were like 130 2016's all fitting my general vehicle wants within 50 minutes of my front door! So finally getting the pricing down to just a touch below invoice they were still making money on it! We did the deal. However they refused to sell me the Ford warranty we wanted for the price I could easily sign up for online in about 30 seconds worth of time. They wanted a $515 profit for 30seconds of work LOL so I bought that my self at a $515 dollar savings.

GM dealers are even worse from my experience and I think its due to the fact that GM probably gets more first time under qualified buyers than any other manufacturer. Ever see a GM dealer with a Subaru office on the lot? The GM sales people look like WWF contestants trying out for a Ballet show. Its soo funny I started laughing at the GM sales guy trying to work me for a Subaru. I told him listen I worked for a dealer a long time ago and know that Subaru Buyers are quite different that the typical GM shopper on average. And I suggested that he walk over to the corner of the building recompose him self and to come over to me and try again with the understanding that I can pay cash for the vehicle I want and that I already probably know more about the vehicle than he does. The look on the guys face was priceless! It was like I just zapped him in the man bits with a cattle prod. HA HA

I honestly don't think I will ever purchase a new GM product or Ford product again after my experience last week buying our new Ford. Amazon prime needs to start selling cars with 2day free delivery! I'm soooo over the middle man dealer BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz