Turbo Baja Expedition Rig

J

JWP58

Did the 1" lift change the ride at all?

I dig your rig, I almost bought a Baja instead of the Crosstrek.

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
Did the 1" lift change the ride at all?

I dig your rig, I almost bought a Baja instead of the Crosstrek.

It actually didn't, the spacers I used make a little noise when I turn though. Thanks, I do like Crosstreks of the newer Subies though.

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
After deciding that taking my car through Canada this summer was not the best idea, and finally finding a rear end for the Capri that I had to pounce on, I ended up staying in town.
8.8 (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
I then moved my spare tire to the roof rack because on my last trip it became a bit loose and was rattling around.
Roof Rack (1 of 1).jpg
My family and I went up to Yellowtail Dam for the weekend so I still ended up going out of town for a few days.
Lake (1 of 1).jpg

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
So it has been awhile since I've posted anything haven't done any adventuring lately but a couple things have happened. I switched my mudflap stickers to red and it looks 10x better.
IMG_1081.jpg
I went and found myself two full size spares and carry one on my roof basket instead of the donut.
IMG_1115.jpg

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
I also decided that winter was a great time to get hit by a young female driver. That was fun and now my whole passenger side is damaged, and all my trim popped up and broke the pins holding my gas cap cover. I was forced to switch back to my small tires because of a rubbing issue.
IMG_1032.jpg
While driving on the highway, the now broken gas cap cover flew off and lives somewhere in the wilderness.
IMG_1079.jpg

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I hope you have something else holding that tire on other than that one stretch chord and the mesh. For one, you can get pulled over and ticketed for unsecured cargo. Secondly, that thing will become a projectile in the case of an accident.

I was actually on holidays in south carolina and bought a set of tires to bring back to Canada and had three tires in the vehicle, two tires on the roof rack. I was pulled over and he checked to make sure the tires were properly secured on the roof rack. Even with 3 ratchet straps, a steel bicycle lock chord (for security more than anything) and two heavy-duty velcro straps the officer said it barely passed in his opinion. When I carry my spare on the rack now, I have a proper metal holder for it. They're pretty cheap, only about $40. Or just build your own. Might want to look into that.

Sandragoon

Scoobytruck Adventurer
I hope you have something else holding that tire on other than that one stretch chord and the mesh. For one, you can get pulled over and ticketed for unsecured cargo. Secondly, that thing will become a projectile in the case of an accident.

I was actually on holidays in south carolina and bought a set of tires to bring back to Canada and had three tires in the vehicle, two tires on the roof rack. I was pulled over and he checked to make sure the tires were properly secured on the roof rack. Even with 3 ratchet straps, a steel bicycle lock chord (for security more than anything) and two heavy-duty velcro straps the officer said it barely passed in his opinion. When I carry my spare on the rack now, I have a proper metal holder for it. They're pretty cheap, only about $40. Or just build your own. Might want to look into that.

I'll look into it defiantly, and have been doing a little searching. Being in Montana that's probably something I'll never have to worry about from an officer though.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Is your rig turbo'd now? if not, I would recommend against it....coming from experience. Once you start in on that stuff, your rig will drop reliability 10 fold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne