Hey all van lovers - I'm new to this forum

egpeil

I just joined the forum the other day. I have often seen various vehicles highlighted here over the years searching the internet for ideas for my projects. I have 2 right now - they won't move like some of the projects I see here but little by little they will evolve.

1st - 2004 Ford 350 Extended Van with a Quigley conversion, 129,000 mi, 6.0L turbo diesel and a high topper. I bought it a couple yrs ago when I spotted it online in the Tampa, FL area at what I thought was a good price. $6,200, needing a turbo rebuild. The van was bone stock and was just a work van so no frills - not even electric windows. But it was pretty clean and I knew that the 4x4 conversion alone could easily run $10K, so I snatched it up. I had a friend's shop rebuild the turbo and a couple other minor items spending $1,500 and I have driven it as is the last 1.5 yrs.

My goal is 3 part:

1. Make it more offroad worthy for going into Baja Mexico, exploring back roads, etc.
2. More comfy inside for long trips and weekend camping.
3. More capable to tow my 31' toyhauler with my dirtbikes.

orig_pic.jpg

2nd - 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4dr Limited 4x4, black leather interior. I found this in the Clearwater, FL and probably overpaid for it but it was so clean and low miles. I haven't done anything to it either except drive it.

My goal is

1. Make it more offroad worthy for going into Baja Mexico, exploring back roads, etc.
2. Keep it civilized inside for comfortable every day driving.

I see that I don't have a good picture of my Jeep but it is white, 2" Rancho lift and 30" BFGs. It also has a K&N cool air system and a Borla exhaust. Other than that it is stock so not much to see.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
See if you can have the Mods move this to the 4wd Camper Van forum. You will get way more help/interest over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94