Build for a Friend.

b63215b

Adventurer
Hello there guys I am sure if and when my friend is ready to start the build I will post pictures of it and let everyone know what is going on. But until then I have a few questions.

The trailer is for camping to hold stuff and cook from but does not need to be heavy duty or ever be off road, per my friends wishes. But knowing me i will make it bulletproof. Pulling vehicle is a VW Routan so make is around 2000-3600lbs, not exactly sure of his model yet.

1. Have any of you used timbrens axle-less suspension systems. If so can you give me the good the bad and the ugly. Please keep in mind this trailer is not for off road purposes.

2. Have any of you used the special 3m adhesive to mount sheet metal to your frames. I've been told it's is as strong and better because it completely seals, thoughts?

3. Since the trailer isn't for off road purposes could I get away with 2"x3" for the frame or is that overkill. I'm thinking the harbor freight trailers are much thinner.

Thanks guys just looking for some suggestions. I don't want to skimp since it for someone else but I also don't want to have needless weight to take away from his ability to carry things needed for camping per his vehicles towing ability.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior