Help needed: someone with a 98 & 3.5L and advanced scan tool

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Wondering if there is someone out there with a 1998 with 3.5L (Cali exhaust preferred) and a scan tool that does fuel trims. I would like to compare data to see if a few things my truck is doing are normal.
Thanks!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I have all that BUT my ECU is tricked into thinking it's Japanese... Sorry.

What are you experiencing?

mk75

Adventurer
Toasty,

"BUT my ECU is tricked into thinking it's Japanese" ? What are the benefits besides fuel and HP of your ECU tune. Who did the re flash ? How much additional HP are you getting? I have come across a few companies that offer ecu re flash down under. Did you do your ecu re-flash through some Mitsu tuner shop back east ?

Toasty

Mine'n not reflashed, just tricked. Incorporatedx and i might have to go in halvsies on a tuner deal that neither of us know how to use yet and i'll post up how that goes or doesn't. The advantage is probably well under 10 horsepower tops with proper exhaust. My reasons were the locations of things that like to get crushed offroad.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
#1. I'm going in and out of closed loop constantly, even after I'm completely warmed up. I thought open loop ended once the engine was warm.
#2. When warmed up, if I come to a stop and stay in drive, my fuel trims slowly creep up until they are pegged at 25. Then after about a minute and a half (still in drive, stopped), the engine shudders a bit and then the fuel trims quickly drop to a more reasonable 3 or 4. Positive fuel trims mean fuel is being added, why is this only happening in drive when stopped? Everything I've read tells me trim numbers that high are not normal. All other driving the trims look great.

I've been battling a rough idle for a long time now and I am still searching for a problem.

Toasty

Not saying this is your problem but I had a similar issue when I forgot to plug in my temp switch. The 2 prong unit just off of the center water outlet, It shouldn't cause any issue but it did for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior