Igloo sportsman 40 rotomolded cooler

medicfung

I just picked up this cool re from sport chalet here in Los Angeles. It cost a total of $171 after tax. It features the same build quality and has certain aspects I actually like better than some of the gold standard competition. Such as, using a regular lock, actual 40 quart capacity, and a huge drain plug attached with a chain.
I had the chance to field test it in the east sierras and it will keep 20lbs of ice for 4-5 days. By the fifth day it's mostly water but everything inside is still very cold.
Couldn't be happier especially for the price.
Just thought I'd let you guys know there are affordable cooler options other than you know who.

expedition_dad

Sounds awesome! I have to agree that some coolers are too pricy. I went with a 45qt pelican for a hair over $200 after shipping.
ad53c951989c81a2da0cc9842813a600.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medicfung

Nice cooler! I was actually on the fence with the pelican and the igloo, decided on the igloo purely on price. Having a new baby basically shrank my toy/ camping necessity fund account.

crumplerJeep

I just ordered the 20QT igloo sportsman to replace a smaller, traditional style cooler.
I was TRYING to hold out to hook one of the Walmart brand, Ozark Trail 26QT rotomolded - but finding the 20QT for $100 (sam's club's website) and I pulled the trigger, as who knows when the ozark trail is going to be readily available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior