My newest vehicle is the most fun.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Just in case you're looking at some of the winch mounts, Rough Country goes for about 200, and the SDHQ is about 400 and requires drilling into the frame during installation. I think a 12K winch would be the best bet, but I know that the few who do have winches mounted say that usually 9.5 or a 10K can be used without issue.

Big50

Adventurer
Truck looks great. The raptor makes a great overlanding platform. I've been very impressed with how it handles the abuse i put it through.

You can fit a 37" tire underneath the bed. Just need to let air out and may need to use a ratchet strap collapse it a bit to get it into place. Then just pull it off once you've got it in there. Oh, and make sure you carry a compressor or something to put air in it should you need the spare.

If you ever want to head out for some off-roading, checkout the website in my sig. We head out every couple months for a run. Next one is coming up in September out of Carson City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Big50 I have followed your threads! You did such a great job on your build.

I will work on getting a used 37" and see if I can fit it underneath.

Ivan

Lost in Space
Yup. The 6.2L comes with a beasty 420HP/(?)TQ (stock) and 16mpg hwy. The 3.5L comes with 365HP/411TQ (stock) and 21mpg hwy. And, with $300 for a basic "tune", it ends up with 430HP/450TQ... at 2500 rpms!
Nice rig Rock-Eater! F150s are great for overlanding. The mpgs was what killed the deal for me on a Raptor. I had to "settle" for its EcoBoost brother... with a tune :sombrero:
View attachment 298155

Just get the take off suspension from a Raptor and you have the bestof both worlds.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
image.jpgHere are a couple of pictures of the little mods I've done so far. Had the Dirty Deeds exhaust put on today, oh my lord does it sound good. So happy! Also got the Bakflip installed tonight while the baby was napping lol. Very happy with everything?

Last edited:

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
Rock-Eater, Love the truck! Did you or the previous owner do any mods to run the 37" tires? I have the same bead lock capable wheels, and I'm very excited to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste