My newest vehicle is the most fun.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
So I have owned several expedition platform vehicles, ranging from Jeep YJ, TJ, Jk also Toyota Land Cruiser (100) as well as a full size Dodge Ram diesel. My new to me 2014 Ford Raptor 4 door fully loaded on 37" tires is my favorite I think. I've had it now for about 3 weeks and every time I get in I smile. I think it's a combination of a lot of things, it's fast... very fast, it's extremely off road capable (for what I want to do) and lastly my family and all of gear fit comfortably. I have done a few mods so far and with each one I find myself loving it even more! I know some may disagree and this is just my opinion so please no hurt feelings but I had to share. If you have to opportunity to drive a Raptor do it, I would bet you'll smile.

Here is mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 103

J.R.

Observer
It doesn't help in any way as far as usability goes...But as far as enjoyment goes, It doesn't hurt that that truck is stupid sexy!

haven

Expedition Leader
The Raptor really helps us get in touch with our inner 10-year-old. Definitely a kick to drive! That long travel suspension is just the ticket to smooth out the bombed-out pavement that passes for urban roads. My only complaint is the poor cargo capacity. For the four door model, cargo capacity is 1030 lb., not much more than needed by four construction workers and their lunch boxes.

The 2017 Raptor will be built on the new aluminum F150, and will substitute the turbo 3.5L V6 for the 6.2L V8. It won't sound as impressive idling at the drive-through window at the In-N-Out, but I'm guessing it will be even more desirable in the dirt.

Rot Box

Explorer
Meh, sorry but I don't like Raptors. I don't like looking at them, I don't want to ride in one. I don't like thinking about them.

Because if I did I'd probably have to take one home and that would be the end of my marriage and bank account :coffeedrink: Man that would be a fun truck where I live! :drool:

Nice rig!

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Its an awesome looking truck and I'm sure it makes you grin from ear to ear. Personally, my newest vehicle is not the most fun, or maybe not even the fastest but it is most certainly the most comfortable and reliable.

For me the funnest is my oldest vehicle. Every time I drive it, I smile nearly a mile wide, and it still turns heads like crazy. I've tried selling it even as low as $1300 and no takers, so I guess its mine for life.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Fortunately the vehicle I traded in was paid for so it covered most of the cost of this one however, you only live once and there are several other things in life that we trade money for enjoyment so my thought is if you can afford it why not.

deadly99

Explorer
Sweet ride. I've always thought a Raptor would make a great overland vehicle. People seem to have preconceived ideas of what an "overland" vehicle is and what color it has to be, etc. To me, being able to travel off road at speed is way more fun than driving slow :)

Enjoy your ride

Fortunately the vehicle I traded in was paid for so it covered most of the cost of this one however, you only live once and there are several other things in life that we trade money for enjoyment so my thought is if you can afford it why not.

Nice truck.

And I agree. We only live once. I encourage people to enjoy the best they can while they are alive. Do not deprive yourself of certain things and pass away for other people to enjoy your wealth or maybe even blow up your leftover wealth.

As long as someone can buy something nice for them self without putting them self in a very bad financial situation, I say go for it. People make other poor financial decisions in a lot of other things, so treat yourself while you can. I approve of your purchase. Enjoy.

TXscout

Observer
That is a beautiful truck! Exactly the setup I want. I keep going back and forth as to whether I am going to get a Raptor, but working at a diesel performance shop, you can't beat my cost of ownership of a diesel!
!!

stingray1300

Explorer
The 2017 Raptor will be built on the new aluminum F150, and will substitute the turbo 3.5L V6 for the 6.2L V8. It won't sound as impressive idling at the drive-through window at the In-N-Out, but I'm guessing it will be even more desirable in the dirt.

Yup. The 6.2L comes with a beasty 420HP/(?)TQ (stock) and 16mpg hwy. The 3.5L comes with 365HP/411TQ (stock) and 21mpg hwy. And, with $300 for a basic "tune", it ends up with 430HP/450TQ... at 2500 rpms!
Nice rig Rock-Eater! F150s are great for overlanding. The mpgs was what killed the deal for me on a Raptor. I had to "settle" for its EcoBoost brother... with a tune :sombrero:
Spray liner flares2 - Copy.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Sexy! I am 100% sure I will own a raptor at some point in my life. Hopefully in the next 5 years. I remember reading about them in an article in something like 2004 or 2005. Loved them since then.

What are the future plans? If any.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Yeah I went from driving a paid off car to paying twice what I was when I had a payment, but I don't care. Its so worth it. I have the money, so its not an issue!

11069943_10206581646720728_5460067679101537089_n_zpstav5rjty.jpg

11390027_10206766123612535_3991189040556329609_n_zpshjtjvsmm.jpg

Nice Truck Rock-Eater. We've already had discussion about rear bumpers on the Raptor Forum. I'm still looking at local fabricators here to see what they can do.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Thanks everyone for all the great input. Stingray your F150 looks great and I like the raptor wheels. Badmotorfinger, love the special edition color on your rig and great beach shots!
As for my plans well...
So far I've done the roush CAI, weather tech mats front and back, "the stubby" antenna, interior led conversion dome light kit and my thin blue line sticker. Not much but I working on it.
Stuff that has been ordered and should arrive this week..
Dirty Deeds exhaust, Bakflip2 bed cover and new brackets for the 50" light bar.
May plans include a container for all my recovery gear/first aid/survival gear to put in the bed once I can hide it with the Bakflip. There is very little interior storage in these trucks. I want to run a dedicated hot to the bed also with the blue sea fuse box and a couple of 12v outlets, one being for my 80qt ARB Frig. I also want to replace the battery with a die hard platinum or odyssey. The 50" bar puts out a lot of light so I think I may add some more LED's to the openings in the bumper and once I figure out what I want to do in the back, put a couple of lights back there as well. I want to do a rear mounted spare tire so I'm looking at options there. That way I can run a full size spare and not loose cargo space. Lastly a winch hidden up front and a good portable air compressor are still being researched. I think if I can get all of this accomplished it will be unstoppable.
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste