Offroad trailer #2

85badger

Mike
I picked up this little trailer off of craigslist for a decent price, wasn't really wanting a project but this seemed to fit the bill and was cheaper than starting from scratch. It has a 3500lbs torsion axle, TV, DVD player, surround sound, microwave, dorm style fridge and RV style a/c and heater (a bit overkill but it's hot here in Kansas!)
I need to make a few changes though:
1. Change the rear doors and make them seal better.
2. Remove the doors forward of the axle.
3. Add Hot water heater, out door shower and fresh water tank and pump.
4. Remove tool box from front
5. Lift it a few inches 2-4"
6. Roof rack with awning
7. Add batteries, invertor
8. Propane tank
9. Remove microwave

That's just a few things off the top of my head, your input is welcomed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438569145.686582.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438569161.386985.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438569183.472099.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438569208.681715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big mike

Adventurer
Lol if your going to lift it, must mean your going off road, so maybe a max coupler ? I large those tires ! Why get rid of front box, storage is king!!
Looks like a fun project.
Mike

85badger

Mike
Lol if your going to lift it, must mean your going off road, so maybe a max coupler ? I large those tires ! Why get rid of front box, storage is king!!
Looks like a fun project.
Mike

Yes, I'd like to be able to go off road but not too off road. It's very wide, at 6', plus the tires and fenders, it might be tough to handle in tight situations.

AFSOC

Explorer
The side doors are handy. Leave the microwave. Cage under the toolbox for reinforcement and to create a location for propane and generator. Swap out the dorm fridge for an RV fridge or even better a danfoss type.

Cool find. How does it smell with the carpet in there?

85badger

Mike
Thanks for the input. The carpet is actually in very good condition. The picture looks like it's moldy or something but it's just a shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz