FJ Cruiser Prices Skyrocketing.

xCSx

Adventurer
I don't know about you guys, but FJ's are now selling for more than they cost new around where I live with 50-60K miles on them (New Jersey). Wonder if this trend will continue. What do you see in your area?

Basil.

I'm not complaining, happy mine is increasing in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkg

Explorer
combination of supply/demand, stupidity and really poor monetary policy.

We bought a new 4Runner instead of used because it was cheaper.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
It's fascinating to me how a product can be a dismal or marginal seller when it's offered new but after it's discontinued, the "secondary market" makes it highly desirable. I know there are a lot of motorcycles that have been made that did nothing but gather dust on the showroom floors until they were finally sold at fire sale prices - and now those same bikes are often selling for double their "new" price because the secondary market has somehow decided they were desirable and rare.
Best example I can think of off the top of my head is the 2000-2001 Kawasaki W-650, an almost exact copy of a late 60's Triumph Bonneville that was introduced to great fanfare and horrible sales. IF you can find one now, expect to pay considerably more than they sold for new.
I think there is also the "internet feeding frenzy" that contributes to this.
For purely selfish reasons I hope the trend continues as I hope to put my 4runner up for sale next year to buy something with a V8 (no, not another 4runner, I need a bigger platform for towing.)
So after camping season is done, she will go up for sale.
The price?
One-Million-Dollars-639omk_zpstfpjrz64.jpg

:sombrero:

Big mike

Adventurer
I'm an ex Toyota dealer, the FJ actually surpassed market expectations in most US markets . Very poor decision by Toyota to end production. For you that have them, and I and my sister inlaw do . Keep these at all cost , first of all they are very efficient rigs second they are a "toyota" meaning they won't break and last don't be the person 8-10 years from now saying wow I wish I had have kept mine. The money is going to be crazy. I know a few dealers who have stored several new last runs for that very day.
Just a suggestion
Mike

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
You should see the buying frenzy over the TRD superchargers and fit kits, since Toyota announced they are canceling the program.

Everyone wants what they can't have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior