Equipt's SLC Warehouse Grand Opening Openhouse, Wed. Aug 5th, 6-9pm

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Thanks for all the support everyone. Much appreciated. It's been a long time coming, and feels good to have a place here in SLC. If you can make it tonight, please do come by sometime when passing through. Give us a buzz, to make sure we're here.

Cheers,

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
The rack on my Dodge is a combination of Yakima towers/bars and an old Con-Ferr basket, bolted to Yakima tracks on a Snug-Top shell similar to yours. Incredibly versatile with all the extra gizmos you can get from Yakima. My standard kit on that rack is an EZ-Awn Bat 270 for shade (driver's side) and an 18 gallon PVC pipe water tank on the passenger side, both resting on the Yak rails and bolted to the Con-Ferr basket. The basket carries four MaxTraxx at the back of the basket so that I can get them on and off by standing on the lowered tailgate, and there is still room in the basket for other stuff. I can also still carry kayaks or ladders or lumber up there because the center of the rack assembly is clear. Have never had any problem with the strength of the fiberglass shell or the towers and mounts, but I have bent some Yak bars with lumber loads (3 pcs 6"x10"x18' douglas fir), with a Yak DryDock in the rear hitch. Properly mounted and loaded, the Yak system is amazingly strong. I recently saw another Dodge similar to mine but with an 87" ARB steel rack on custom mounts, very impressive. If I were doing mine again, I'd probably try to figure out how to fit an ARB aluminum rack to my shell and still use the Yakima accessories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz