Any issue mounting radio mic/speaker on magnetic mounts?

Justin_A

I was wondering if using a magnetic mount such as a "Nite Ize Steelie mount" will interrupt or have any negative affect with signal? I read a few Amazon reviews saying the magnet does interrupt the phones compass feature (iPhone 6) and inhibits the use of a stylus pen (Note phones) when having one of the magnets glued to the back of the phone.

I'm looking to mount a spare Midland 75-822 CB (vehicle set up option) using two magnets; one glued to the dash and one glued to the handheld mic/speaker. I realize some antennas are magnet mounted, but I'm not sure if having the magnet glued to the transmitter/receiver factor will have any affect.

thanks

tarditi

Explorer
If it's strong enough to hold the handset (heavier than a smart phone) it may interfere with the reception and possibly even the speaker itself.

I would suggest an alternative mounting option, personally. Could even mold a cradle out of thermoplastic (like kydex).

Justin_A

Sounds good. I figure if I got any amount of doubt from somebody else too then I may as well find an alternative mount. No biggy, thanks tarditi.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
A magnet can cause problems, depending on the device. I know that trying to magnet mount a Delorme inreach will lead to issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz