Perfect Margarita

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
This will always and forever be dubbed - Jerry Juice.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JerryJuice.jpg
    JerryJuice.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 260

dustboy

Explorer
Here's my recipe:

-3 oz tequila: I go for whatever mid-grade is on sale, like Milagro or Cazadores.

-Fresh juice of 1 lime. NEVER from a can, you savage!

-Agave nectar to taste, about 1-2 teaspoons.

Place in shaker full of ice, and shake until your hands freeze to the shaker. If you don't shake it enough the Agave Nectar won't dissolve. Pour over ice.

I like this recipe because it's so simple, all the flavors come through clearly.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
There hasn't been a whole lot of talk about salt yet. Do you go for just regular flakie salt or do you go for the gourmet stuff?

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Here's my recipe:

-3 oz tequila: I go for whatever mid-grade is on sale, like Milagro or Cazadores.

-Fresh juice of 1 lime. NEVER from a can, you savage!

-Agave nectar to taste, about 1-2 teaspoons.

Place in shaker full of ice, and shake until your hands freeze to the shaker. If you don't shake it enough the Agave Nectar won't dissolve. Pour over ice.

I like this recipe because it's so simple, all the flavors come through clearly.

I made yours last week and it was good, but a bit strong for me so yesterday evening during a power outage I used your recipe as a base and came up with my new favorite. Juice of 1 lime, 1.5 ounces of tequila, between half and 1 ounce of orange liquour (home made of course) and 2 squirts of light agave nectar, probably about 2-3 teaspoons. I stirred it up in a small glass with a chop stick as opposed to using the shaker because I was too lazy, and drank it with 3 ice cubes. Delicious!

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Today is the official National Margarita Day w0ot!w0ot! And to celebrate, here is a recipe for margarita cupcakes that I found the other day:

http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/05/01/margarita-cupcakes/

Ohhh WOW those look nummy!!!
ok so I like my margaritas with Cointreau or Grand Marnier with a Patron float. I also squeeze a fresh orange into the mix so it turns out a little sweeter. For large parties I would always make a big batch and cut in fresh lime and fresh oranges. We used to through our own company parties so I ended up having to be the bartender. Dad would always hire a good band and have some food catered while he BBQ'd the meat.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.

I made this recipe a while back and it is pretty good, you can hardly tell there is any alcohol in there. I got some blood oranges at the grocery store over the weekend so I'm going to see how they go in there. This is my favorite day of the year, after St Patty's day and Conco de Mayo and New Years Eve.

sdmarkus

Gotta thank you guys for the inspiration. After stumbling across this thread last week and shaming myself for having never potentially had a real margarita, I was on a mission. Those three simple ingredients never tasted so good!:sombrero:

IMG_7115.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94