Where is everyone getting their cans

tango_6

I keep looking for 2 fuel cans and 1 or 2 water. All the ones for sale in the for sale section are states away and nothing is local.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I got scepter civy blue potable water from aubuchon hardware store for like @$15

toymaster

Explorer
I've always had to buy off the interweb. Not a bad deal, no tax and arrives at your door.

These rotopax are easy to find but not easy to get a 'good' price on. 99% of the time they are full retail.

IMG-20130107-00124-M.jpg

IMG-20130107-00119-M.jpg

Scepter fuel cans awesome but kinda hard to find. I got some a few years ago from the black market out of Canada and a few more a few days ago from 'gray' market out of California. Not sure how he got them and don't want to ask. The scepter water cans are easy to find and cheap.

IMG-20130107-00128-M.jpg

What are you looking for and we can help you look....

tango_6

I plan trips where I try to fill up when I get to half and know where the gas stations are along the ride but if I run low for some reason I would like to have spare fuel. As for water we are planning a trip to MY and Yellowstone and I would like to have water.

DaveNay

Adventurer
If someone wants Scepter cans they are available at any Princess Auto in Canada but they aren't cheap ($65 CAD). Fuel and water, both the 5 gallon and the mini jugs that I think hold 2 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have to stop in Winnipeg in three weeks on my way to the fishing cabin. Current exchange rate puts them under $60USD ($75CAD)

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I use the military Scepter cans - I have plenty of storage so I carry an empty water and an empty diesel can.

If I were to buy cans today I would look seriously at the Rotopax. I like the efficient design and storage.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
If you get them from Princess Auto, ensure they are using the proper diesel gasket ( yellow strap ) or if it is a gasoline gasket ( red strap ).
The gaskets are different for each fuel.

digitaldelay

Explorer
If you get them from Princess Auto, ensure they are using the proper diesel gasket ( yellow strap ) or if it is a gasoline gasket ( red strap ).
The gaskets are different for each fuel.
FYI, I only ever see the red strap, OD Green cans there.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MWCs - Military Water Containers- 20L, military spec / contract supplier, same as Scepter, can be purchased directly from LCI, industries for the blind, for ~$25ea brand new.

http://www.buylci.com/ItemDisplayF....t-Tan--5-gal--5-gal&ItemID=906396#description

They (used to?) offer free shipping for orders over $50. used to be able to get 3 for just over that.

jerrybox11_zpsf131ccda.jpg

Thanks a lot for this post. For this price, i will be ordering 2 of these just to have. I may need them someday.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Those are water containers, no spout other than the nub integral to the large cap. There are a lot of aftermarket and home-build solutions for adding spouts, hoses and spigots to them, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz