9 Days On The Road With My Six Year Old Daughter

Oh man! Where did that happen? Sorry to hear about the truck, but glad to hear everyone was ok.

Unfortunately, that was on the graded dirt road near Silverton. I was backing up the road and my tire slipped on the edge of the road, it was all over once that happened. I am glad to see that your daughter enjoyed the trip as much as my kiddos did. I plan on going back a few more times before the snow flies.

Last edited:

stioc

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately, that was on the graded dirt road near Silverton. I was backing up the road and my tire slipped on the edge of the road, it was all over once that happened. I am glad to see that your daughter enjoyed the trip as much as my kiddos did. I plan on going back a few more times before the snow flies.

Oh man, really sorry to hear that. I've had a few moments where I stared at the GPS screen just a bit longer while moving (albiet slowly) and came close to hitting a bush or a rock. I'll be in the area and reading about all the 'slips' on the CO trails lately I guess I'll need to be extra vigilant. Hope everyone was OK!

Oh man, really sorry to hear that. I've had a few moments where I stared at the GPS screen just a bit longer while moving (albiet slowly) and came close to hitting a bush or a rock. I'll be in the area and reading about all the 'slips' on the CO trails lately I guess I'll need to be extra vigilant. Hope everyone was OK!
Lack of vigilance seems to be the #1 cause of accidents on the scenic roads in this area, followed by driver inexperience. Mine was the former of the 2.

grogie

Like to Camp
Looked like a great experience with your daughter. Nice thing to do, dad!

Thanks for sharing. Pictures are awesome!

joelwho

Adventurer
Great write up! Thanks for sharing. I'm planning a similar trip for next summer for my two sons and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucan viajero

Adventurer
Thank you. Really enjoyed your report and the great pictures.
Spending time with our kids truly is the best way to ensure they will become good people and citizens when they grow up.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Amazing pics, and thanks for letting us share in your adventure.

My kids still talk about trips they did at that age...and my oldest boy is 25 :)
Once you set a tone of travel like this it is great to see when they are old enough to travel alone and keep the spirit going.

Enjoy the time while you have it, as I am sure others have said and will say, it is gone too fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz