What are your opinions of this setup?

mervo

Observer
While an incredibly nice rig, people generally won't spend that much when that many mods have been done... for that price.

I'd say that's extremely optimistic, but YMMV.

bill harr

Adventurer
2015 Tacoma TRD V6 4x4 MSRP $32620
2015 FWC Fleet well equipped MSRP $19,525

Total cost new $52,145 you could do $20,000 in custom work and have it just the way you want.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
2015 Tacoma TRD V6 4x4 MSRP $32620
2015 FWC Fleet well equipped MSRP $19,525

Total cost new $52,145 you could do $20,000 in custom work and have it just the way you want.

Yep, seems like they are asking full new retail (or more) for everything. I see that they're running bigger tires but the susoension is nothing expensive or to get excited about. No mention of re-gearing axles or anything of that nature either.

Freebird

Adventurer
Just because a person has $X invested to make an outfit exactly the way THEY want a rig set up...
Obviously doesn't mean that someone out there appreciates and wants exactly that package....who also has the coin for the transaction.
Might be someone out there looking exactly for THAT....but without a reputation/cred as an expert (might be?), it makes it a lot less likely to get that premium.
That being said, it is no crime to troll for a buyer at whatever price you as the owner picks. No harm, no foul.... Right?

Last edited:

Big mike

Adventurer
Wow nice rig, why is every single person on here dogging this guy on price. So someone comes along and says wow cool rig and then reads on this poor guy dies not have a chance .
I owned a couple of dealerships before selling and retiring, and on thing I know ya never can tell there is a butt for every seat. And some folks would rather pay to have a cool built by all accounts capable expedition rig ready to go.
I would ask you all to think how you would feel if you posted something and everyone dogged your price.
Just my opinion !
Mike

tkiesling

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I thought maybe I wasn't seeing it clearly but you all pretty much summed up what I had originally thought when I saw the price. It seems like they want to get every dollar and then some out of it. And I wish them luck with that. It's their property and they can ask whatever they want for it. They just have to wait for the right buyer to come along.
Thanks everyone.

Paul B.

Adventurer
I hear people are on long waiting lists for FWCs. This is a buy and go option. Seems to be well equipped. Guy (or Gal) mighta put it together and just found doesn't like to camp. (We've all known one or more of those.) The original person who built it might have passed, we know ya get old before you can afford your dream stuff. Surviving family might have seen the receipts, thought WTH? And there are many many overpriced vehicles on CL. Offer $50K for it if ya like it. Hell, offer $40K. It'sa helluva nice rig.

Desertdave

Two things that I have learned over time. A new vehicle depreciates a lot as soon as you drive it off the lot. Any mods you do are a sunk cost, you shouldn't expect to get the cost back on the sale, since it is virtually impossible that anyone buying it will appreciate it the way you did.

I see a learning opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94