diesel Grand Cherokee mpg

Weeds

Adventurer
Didn't cross any scales but based on previous weights I'd say we were 6000 to 6500 lbs:
tn_2015-09-14%2020.06.42.jpg

How the GC handle the weight of the trailer? Say around corners and up hills like out of Biggs Junction heading to Bend?

I am thinking about the diesel GC to pull my 4500 lb Jayco.

Thanks

Jason911

Adventurer
How the GC handle the weight of the trailer? I am thinking about the diesel GC to pull my 4500 lb Jayco.

I'm yanking around 4200lbs+ with my '14 Diesel. Bone stock except for a AFE filter. 17 on the highway is realistic if you keep it at 70mph or less. Trailer empty is 2050lbs + theres a 2014 Polaris Ranger 6x6 inside @ 2242lbs + all the other crap my club thinks they "need". Only place I would like a little more power would be passing(or trying to pass) on the interstate. The torque of the motor is impressive from a dead stop - more so on a interstate on ramp.

jkam

nomadic man
I just completed a 4,000 mile round trip from Oregon to Texas in an 14 GC with the diesel.
Man this thing drove nice. Comfortable, quiet, very powerful and plenty of zip.
At one point in the Nevada desert I had it up to 120 for about 10 minutes, RPM were at 3,000, MPG went down to 14.
We averaged 33.6 mpg, driving speed averaged about 70, not towing anything with most tanks lasting about 750 miles before refueling.
This GC just turned over 20,000 miles and has only needed DEF once so far but will need it soon.

All in all, I was impressed.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I just completed a 4,000 mile round trip from Oregon to Texas in an 14 GC with the diesel.
Man this thing drove nice. Comfortable, quiet, very powerful and plenty of zip.
At one point in the Nevada desert I had it up to 120 for about 10 minutes, RPM were at 3,000, MPG went down to 14.
We averaged 33.6 mpg, driving speed averaged about 70, not towing anything with most tanks lasting about 750 miles before refueling.
This GC just turned over 20,000 miles and has only needed DEF once so far but will need it soon.

All in all, I was impressed.

Hopefully you adjusted your tire pressures for the 120mph....just like when you air down to go off-road you need to air up at those speeds.

jkam

nomadic man
Hopefully you adjusted your tire pressures for the 120mph....just like when you air down to go off-road you need to air up at those speeds.

I did not think of that, but thank you for the reminder.
I know it was a foolish spur of the moment thing, but out between Beatty and Fallon there isn't much to keep your mind on the road and speed helps focus so the boredom doesn't get you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne