1991 Mitsubishi Montero Gen 1 Build

PacS14

Adventurer
Looks pretty good man congrats! I have seen a newer tacoma and looked awesome, the only downside I have heard of is whenever it begins to chip off/fall off. I would think that another coat would solve it, but I have no personal experience with it, so please keep us updated on how long it lasts and pros and cons that you might come across to help the community.

kevinreeves116

Observer
Looks pretty good man congrats! I have seen a newer tacoma and looked awesome, the only downside I have heard of is whenever it begins to chip off/fall off. I would think that another coat would solve it, but I have no personal experience with it, so please keep us updated on how long it lasts and pros and cons that you might come across to help the community.
Absolutely! What I did notice, besides the fact at how quickly it gets dirty, is when you peel your masking tape off, run a razor blade along the edge of the liner so it doesn't peel off. It happened to me and took a little chunk off about the size of a dime. Just touched it up with Sharpie for now. Going to order a touch up kit and hit the spots I missed. But so far really liking it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kevinreeves116

Observer
Diagnosed the heating issue. Turns out the fan clutch is bad, bought a replacement and will hopefully have it in Friday. Who knows if there's other issues, checked the head gasket, nothing wrong there. Maybe it will fix the problem. Engine runs just fine when going down the highway (air flow over radiator) but not in town (less air flow)

kevinreeves116

Observer
Haven't posted in a while, she's been running top notch since the new fan clutch. Here's something on the tires. First off, loving them. Slight, enjoyable hum, smooth, and grippy tires. Second, and on the down side, loss of mpg. Before on stocks I was getting about 15 around town, which was about 220 miles on around a 3/4 tank. Now, I get between 12 and 13mpg and about 175 miles on 3/4 of a tank. Gotta sacrifice some mpg for off road traction I guess
Here are some pictures from 9/11 flying my 8x12ft American Flag in my school parking lot. My principle, retired Army sergeant, was very impressed and proud of me and my my buddies for doing this so much so he called the paper over to do a front page story on it. The purpose of flying the flags was not to attract attention to self, but to educate and raise awareness of the many lives lost on the tragic incident on 9/11. #NeverForget
21ae28e6ddc3bec74a252bfe37632489.jpg
a3a6dc9bebfdac3dd356a55daca386e5.jpg
79686d9f50e5fbfdedd136b448ae5c03.jpg

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Find some 4.90 gears, put in the limited slip rear and an Aussie locker up front and save your money. The re-gearing will change everything you think about needing more power.

John B.

kevinreeves116

Observer
Find some 4.90 gears, put in the limited slip rear and an Aussie locker up front and save your money. The re-gearing will change everything you think about needing more power.

John B.
Sorry for the late response, but where would I find a limited slip for my 91 rear axle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94