high range canter

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
My take on these vehicles is a bit cynical, given the sticker inside the door that states... NOT FOR OFF ROAD USE
The problem is that no one really wants them, but the dealers need to get rid of them, that's why they are being offered at a cheaper price.

If you are looking to build an expedition camper I don't know if one of these trucks would be the ideal platform for doing that.

Andelles

Observer
Looking at them next to a fg84 2010 model they look the same build quality minus the Trany case if any thing they look a bit better

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Looking at them next to a fg84 2010 model they look the same build quality minus the Trany case if any thing they look a bit better

Are they for sale or auction? At the auctions I've seen lately, the FG84's have been going for quite a bit more than the B71's (even with lower k's). That should tell you something.

Also of note is that 2010 models were sold right up until they ran out of stock in 2012....... So the 84 may not have had as much use as you think.

What was their history? That would be an important question for me.

BTW the early B71 still have a transfer case where you engage or disengage 4wd. They just don't have low range.

Kind regards
John

Last edited:

Andelles

Observer
Are they for sale or auction? At the auctions I've seen lately, the FG84's have been going for quite a bit more than the B71's (even with lower k's). That should tell you something.

Also of note is that 2010 models were sold right up until they ran out of stock in 2012....... So the 84 may not have had as much use as you think.

What was their history? That would be an important question for me.

BTW the early B71 still have a transfer case where you engage or disengage 4wd. They just don't have low range.

Kind regards
John
Thanks for the info any one driven a hirange in sand do they suffer with lower toque engine and bigger tyres

bptp7270

Adventurer
Not sure if ATW still do the Allison auto conversion, but would that help with the lack of a low range gear?

Maninga

Adventurer
Talked to them earlier in the year about it, it's still an option we may add for our truck. Believe they'd only done it on FG84's though

alan

Explorer
Had a customer in today that's just bought one, very cheap i'm not sure of the exact price but around $48,000aud, they pick it up next week.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I was told by someone wanting to buy a new low range FGB71 that they are all gone and that stock will not be replaced until February or March of next year. He was informed that this was because the dealers needed to get rid of current high range stock and are having trouble doing that while the low range vehicles are available.
I can only assume that the dealers put some pressure on Fuso Australia, as I cannot see any other reason for this happening.

Andelles

Observer
Had a customer in today that's just bought one, very cheap i'm not sure of the exact price but around $48,000aud, they pick it up next week.

Do you no what year it was . I was quoted 58000 drive away for 2015 model i though it was abit over priced. Missed out on 2 for 47000 2013 models

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior