2003 Nissan Xterra Turbo Diesel EXPO Rig for sale in Duluth, MN

nellieg

Ive had this truck for 8 months and i love it, but i need a larger truck for work and cant keep it. I travel for work with a trailer in tow and can drive only one truck at a time so ive decided to pass on the diesel X to someone who it could fit better. all info is in the links below. mileage is up to 125k and i put on new tires today (235/85/R16). I installed Vegetable oil fuel kit back in Febuary and have driven mostly on it since. the veg kit runs great and i would be happy to sell the truck without the kit and put it in my next rig if your not interested in vegetable fuel. Everything on this truck works and it hasnt had a single problem since ive had it (9k miles in 8 months) and have driven it all over the u.s. and am now in northern MN.

Here's some info about the truck from the last owner: (Nothings changed unless stated so in "()")

The basics first.
2003 Nissan Xterra
TD27T engine non inter cooled. I do have a top mount inter-cooler that goes with the truck and a hood scoop. I never got a chance to finish that project.
116754 miles (Now 125562)
4wd
Automatic.
Clear title in hand. This truck is titled as a Diesel and registered in an emissions county. Its legal as it sits.
Fuel mileage is around 23mpg some times better. Really depends on the type of driving you do and how much of a heavy foot you have.

Transmission:
I know many folks asked about the trans when this truck was built as it had a build thread here and on Xterra Nation forum. Asking how it would work with the diesel. When I got the truck it worked just fine. However I went ahead and rebuilt the trans specifically to match better with the diesel.
-Lower stall speed torque converter was built. Stall is at 1800 RPMs now.
-Shift kit was installed and was set up to raise the line pressure.
-All parts that were worn were replaced when the trans was built.
The results of the rebuild on the trans were amazing. This truck drives much better than it ever did. Pulls strong, shifts perfect, and revs right in the power on the hwy. It will pull 70-80 mph easily. The transfer of power is now matched to the engine torque and RPM. Its very nice. I have all the receipts for this trans build.
Total cost of the trans rebuild was over $1200. I did the R and R and I had a trans shop do the build on the bench for me. Torque converter was sent out to TPU in GA and the stall was lowered. Made a huge difference. The truck runs an external Trans cooler. Stand alone by passing the radiator. I replaced both the t-case and trans fluid at the time of the trans build. Trans is running Amsoil full synthetic and the t-case is running standard ATF.

It also runs a stand alone engine oil cooler and remote mount engine oil filter kit. All these parts were sourced at my local Napa. Nothing exotic.
It runs a standard easy to get Fuel filter water separator as well.

Suspension
3" lift
Sway-A-way torsion bars.
Bilstein Shocks. Replaced with in the last 6 months
Articulator kit rear leaf springs.
Revolver rear shackles.

I recently replaced-
Lower ball joints. Moog
Tie rod ends both inner and outer. Moog
Heavy Duty tie rod end adjusters. Cal Mini
Truck has idler arm brace also.
I had the front Nissan CV axles rebuilt by CV Source. They are all new inside and out. They are actual Nissan CVs not Chinese axles.
Steering and suspension work great and now that all the parts are new it drives great and needs nothing.

Other parts and service I have done recently.
New motor mounts.
Water pump and thermostat were changed this past year. This truck runs a water pump with an integrated fan clutch. So the fan clutch is now also new.
Oil change. I run Mobil1 Delvac. (Now Rotella T6)
Tire rotation.

General info
Interior is very clean. Has one small tear on the driver seat.
4wd engages without issue and both hubs engage and work as they should.
A/C blows cold as ice. It works very well.
Hot heat even in this very cold winter we are currently having.
Truck has a manual glow plug circuit and starts on the first hit even in freezing temps.

I built a snorkel for it as there were no out of the box snorkel kits for the TD27T engine in an X. It runs a pre-cleaner into a Toyota Land cruiser 80 series air box. Its seals well and works very nice. It looks cool also. It does not hinder the drivers view.

XRC 8000lb winch, 3 months old.
Hella Rally 4000 HID Aux lights.
ShockWorks bumpers front and rear.

Im also including the Propane bottle, coleman stove, rear table kit, and Engel freezer fridge. This is a perfect weekend kit. And about a $1000 value.

I installed an A pillar gauge pod. Boost and temp gauges.
Interior has all LED bulbs with red LED map light bulbs. Kinda neat.

This truck really doesn't need anything
The driver seat could stand to be repaired and maybe a set of brighter head light bulbs. But I just replaced or rebuild everything it needed.

I think its priced fair and will make a great truck for someone. Its really fun to drive and gets a lot of double takes when you drive by and the turbo whistles. Its cool. Ive been daily driving it without issue for the past year. Its reliable and fun. Nothing to be scared of with this engine swap. The TD27T bolted right in.

New since i bought the truck last January:
- Pyro gauge
- fully resealed Injection Pump (was beginning to show signs of leaking when i bought it so i had it done first thing)
- Agility trailer brake controls
- 7 blade trailer brake/light socket
- rottella t6 sythetic oil change and new purolator filter earlier today
- tires and alignment earlier today

vegetable oil fuel kit (flawlessly running for 8k miles)
- heated 24 gal aux fuel tank mounted and plumbed
- fully heated and insulated fuel lines to engine
- heated racor 500 fuel filter
- 2 hydro force hydraulic/electric solenoids for switching fuel sources
- 30 plate heat exchanger for final veg heating right before injection pump
- control pannel with fuel gauge for veg, vacuum gauge for fuel filters (tells you when your diesel or veg filter need replacement), and l.e.d. toggle switches for switching solenoids between veg and diesel

Comes with camping kit/propane stove showed in picks
and a box full of new filters and belts for the trail.
Also i have a hood scoop and intercooler that haven't been installed (wasn't originally intercooled) but comes with the truck.

Link to for sale post from last owner: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Turbo-Diesel-**SOLD**?highlight=diesel+xterra

Link to original diesel build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/73196-Jiro-s-diesel-Xterra?highlight=diesel+xterra

Truck as is with vegetable oil kit, $13,000
with kit removed and running on diesel only $12,000

Any questions e-mail or better yet call:
lugerm16@yahoo.com
828-656-8171
Andrew Norcross

Last edited:

nellieg

Pictures!

IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg

roninjiro

Explorer
Wow the Xterra has come a long way since I owned it. Great job on the improvements! I was about month too late to buy it back last time and now I definitely don't have the savings to buy it back. Great vehicle to have and Good luck for a quick sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nellieg

Thanks for the compliments roninjiro! this truck has been everything to me this last year and i love it and wish i could keep it. i'll probably be wanting to buy it back myself in a few years when my truck needs change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94