2015 GMC Sierra z71 Half ton Expedition Build

mlmeans

Adventurer
Here are some pics of truck the roof rack deck system air lift air bag system wheels dual battery setup....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 88

mlmeans

Adventurer
Got my bed slide installed. I sold the decked system as it just made it too tight inside between decked system and camper roof. I am loving this slide. It's rated at 1500 lbs and slides real smoothly . My boxes I had already seem to fit it well.

I also installed my new table from front runner with the slides for under the rack. Got the biggest table they offer with free slides over their Labor Day sale. Nice stuff except table legs need to be taller. Table seems to be too low.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 77

mlmeans

Adventurer
Kids are loving the set up. Great hobby as gets my kids out from house and into the outdoors. Got mom a new watch for birthday so had treat myself ;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 71

mlmeans

Adventurer
Bed slide is the brand and it's the 1500 one. That make sense? I believe they just updated the slides. Went out yesterday around central Idaho back roads and did some hunting. It was great to use slide

underdrive

jackwagon
Cool, thanks! We have a friend who recently bought a truck and she's having a bit of a hard time reaching stuff that shakes its way to the front of the bed while driving. A bed slide should solve that problem for her. Is 1500 the model # or the MSRP in $$$?

St.-Newfie

Nicely done - love what you've done with the truck so far. I have a '14 Silverado in nearly that same color. I installed a Rough County leveling kit, 275/70-18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and the Go-Rhino Dominator 2s side steps. I want to install Front Runner's roof rack on the cab of my truck and slimeline II in the bed. Eventually want to install a RTT. Initially thought about the drawer system (for hunting also) but now seeing the slider I think I'll go that route.

What else do you have in mind?? Again, nicely done!!

mlmeans

Adventurer
Thank you. I am really enjoying the half ton set up not too big not to small... The front runner rack is awesome and I really like the slide over the drawer system. I cAn fit much more in my boxes over the drawer system. Now to be clear the slide combo with she'll probably makes it better system because the drawers and she'll room didn't leave a lot of room to crawl around.

Right now I am thinking 18 in fuel beast wheels with as big tire as I can fit ... Toyo at or bfg ko2 ... What's biggest tire you can fit with leveling kit? I saw your side listed any rubbing? Could gone bigger?

My dream would be icon suspension stage 4 system... You get one let me know ;)

mlmeans

Adventurer
Pics pics pics ;) not a lot of gmc love on here so far seems fords (great trucks as well) get more build thread

mlmeans

Adventurer
Thanks petit... I am trying put a lot of thought into it versus just bolting on stuff. I'd like to do a different side step and suspension package... But time and money right ;).

It just those side steps are really really low and without a life did I say they are really really low ?

The way gmc does their wheel wells does not leave a lot of room for a much taller wider tire either. Wish they had redesigned that a little more to increase size without cutting up wheel well plastic covers.

Anyone with suggestions? I have ordered 18 x 9 rims ( fuel beasts) but held off on tires until I decide what to do.

mlmeans

Adventurer
I must apologize some of my post have typos. This is credited to small keyboard and Auto correction on my phone. Sorry people my bad ;)

mlmeans

Adventurer
Conondrum here... Options

I'm getting new wheels tires. Ordered 18 x9 wheels. Now tire size I want as much rubber as I can get. With leveling kit I can get 285 65 18 with no rubbing

With (suggestion of Chevy tricking driving friend) a 4 inch lift I can get 34 x 12.5 inch tire etc... Instead of 32.xxxxx by 11.xxxx thoughts?

My truck daily driver and our family adventure wagon ;) nicknamed cause it's bronze color the Greek freak ;) after Greek basketball player in milwaukee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste